Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2013 (7th annual!) August 16th-18. Sign up now!

It looks like it is the weekend before classes start for me so like last year I may have to bale out early .
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerman121 View Post
    It looks like it is the weekend before classes start for me so like last year I may have to bale out early .
    ?/ AGAIN?? -- -your teachers should see SELEM as a science field trip-

To reply to your Q about Dr.Sam- ATM its too early to give you an answer-

the rental costs for the venues must be paid first and early.-- So I say to those who hope to be there-- please make the commitment and send in your shirt size(s) and fee so Adam can do the super job he has done for us so many times..

-- Four in one suite is not too many- there is a couch- HIE has (limited) comfy roll-away beds or bring an air bed- bedding is available at the front desk-- I have a few extra air beds (& air compressor)- and if you cannot bring one PLz let me know & I will try you help you with that.

Comment on the door prize pool... If you can bring any items to add- that would be a nice thing to do. If we could have enough to make sure each attendee gets something-- that would be cool. I will bring two HakLumia Kits- JAL (Just Add Laser(s))-- 1/3rd RPM ac motor- mounting bracket-cord -and glass-- & some other items-- prizes need not be laser related--

I hope that AixiZ Laser will also again give me some nice items to bring..

IIRC we had a few donated items from members who were not able to attend..

also-- AFAIK not every one who won door prizes remembered to send a TY note to the donators- I don't think that is too much to ask.. even if that is done a year late..

PM about airbeds- or ways to make SELEM and not break the bank..

Len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 04-22-2013 at 13:50.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I don't want to start a firestorm and, I know this has been discussed before. Maybe I should go back and find the thread but, Sam is a grown man. He's been to SELEM before and we covered much of his costs. He enjoyed it. Is he a great resource to have at SELEM? Of course. But is mixedgas a great source to have at SELEM? Of course. Is buffo a great resource to have at SELEM? Of course. Is Mike Dunn a great resource to have at SELEM? Of course. Is DZ a great resource to have at SELEM? Of course. How about Displaser with his seminar last year? Did we give anything for that? How about what rgbgas does to contribute with the expense of a big box truck and scaffolding, or especially Mario with the sound system. Yes, I have contributed philanthropically to the causes in the past (out in the open and behind the scenes) of several people being able to attend SELEM. I am again this year. I drove Sam to SELEM two years ago.

Sorry Len, love ya but... sometimes, I think the "we must pick up all of Goldwassers expenses plea's" comes out sounding a bit too strong. He's a big boy, not a poverty case, AND brings things for sale in the first place. I don't feel the need to underwrite his entire experience. Assist if necessary... I suppose but, he should pay some of his own way this time around.

Just my $.02 as I lay in bed with my coffee and laptop. And I haven't had a little rant in awhile. Maybe I'm over stressed from work right now. (Don't mean to offend Sam, Len or anyone else - just expressing.)
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 04-19-2013 at 04:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I don't want to start a firestorm and, I know this has been discussed before. Maybe I should go back and find the thread but, Sam is a grown man. He's been to SELEM before and we covered much of his costs. He enjoyed it. Is he a great resource to have at SELEM? Of course. But is mixedgas a great source to have at SELEM? Of course. Is buffo a great resource to have at SELEM? Of course. Is Mike Dunn a great resource to have at SELEM? Of course. Is DZ a great resource to have at SELEM? Of course. How about Displaser with his seminar last year? Did we give anything for that? How about what rgbgas does to contribute with the expense of a big box truck and scaffolding, or especially Mario with the sound system. Yes, I have contributed philanthropically to the causes in the past (out in the open and behind the scenes) of several people being able to attend SELEM. I am again this year. I drove Sam to SELEM two years ago.

Sorry Len, love ya but... sometimes, I think the "we must pick up all of Goldwassers expenses plea's" comes out sounding a bit too strong. He's a big boy, not a poverty case, AND brings things for sale in the first place. I don't feel the need to underwrite his entire experience. Assist if necessary... I suppose but, he should pay some of his own way this time around.

Just my $.02 as I lay in bed with my coffee and laptop. And I haven't had a little rant in awhile. Maybe I'm over stressed from work right now. (Don't mean to offend Sam, Len or anyone else - just expressing.)
    ^^^^agreed^^^^ but will be happy to be put on the charity list if someone wants to pay my way.

Anyone know what's up with spec's world. I met him at my first SELEM then he made the Cali venture
    leading in trailing technology

I don't disagree with either of you..
    I need help making it myself--
    but we are only three - so speaking for all the others is not our option- I have put the idea out there so it will go where it will go.
    I am very fine with the opinions of all.
    so if others want him there bad enough to assist --so be it.
    I see no need to try and talk anyone into helping Sam make it or
    not. In fact I have not even(yet) talked to Sam about going this year==
    with or without any help or free lodging- transport or meals.

I do doubt, however, that he wants or can come without SOME help with the costs.

hak

NEW Post..

FS ( if this is OK with MR Dunn)
    one six minute or less lasersong module from Mike- your choice-
    while I would love to own one- ATM making it to SELEM and taking the LSO course is more important.
    AND IIRC I could not use it, as all I own is QS.Beyond. and not LD2000.

So make me an offer and you can have the one I got as a door prize at SELEM 2011--

also I will sell two complete argon set-ups SLs and not all that powerful but working good.. make offer.

I have several red HeNe with PS.

more stuff added later
    PM with any questions
    TY hak

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

spec is in san diego. it would be cool to get him to SELEM.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    ^^^^agreed^^^^ but will be happy to be put on the charity list if someone wants to pay my way.

Anyone know what's up with spec's world. I met him at my first SELEM then he made the Cali venture
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yes to that idea- Spec would be a guest of honor for sure..

I think DZ should pay Spec's way based on the sake incident.

But seriously, if I am going to help someone get to SELEM I want to reserve that help for someone who has actually shown an interest in getting to SELEM. I vote that we pay James Lehman's way. He's the only person I know that likes SELEM so much that he will go even when he is banished from it.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

not sure i want to know the backstory on this...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I think DZ should pay Spec's way based on the sake incident.

But seriously, if I am going to help someone get to SELEM I want to reserve that help for someone who has actually shown an interest in getting to SELEM. I vote that we pay James Lehman's way. He's the only person I know that likes SELEM so much that he will go even when he is banished from it.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.