Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2013 (7th annual!) August 16th-18. Sign up now!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I think DZ should pay Spec's way based on the sake incident.

But seriously, if I am going to help someone get to SELEM I want to reserve that help for someone who has actually shown an interest in getting to SELEM. I vote that we pay James Lehman's way. He's the only person I know that likes SELEM so much that he will go even when he is banished from it.
    I second that I'll even pitch in a few dollars for James.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    not sure i want to know the backstory on this...
    Yes, lets just gloss right over that part.

Nothing to see here.

I wish I could read the difference between sarcastic and serious comments.

I wish I understood more about what certain people are holding against me.

I feel like I'm being marginalized here without any explicit explanations from those who are doing it.

It's depressing.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I think you guys should pay and get "kryoman" to come.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was only being 1/4 serious. If I was to choose between helping Sam and James get to SELEM I would seriously choose James. But, we're all big boys here. In all honesty, the only one we should for sure sent to SELEM for free is Adam for his hard work. In fact, I think he should be paid a little for it.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

^ I actually agree with you Gary. I've often thought buffo should get something in exchange for all he does to put this on. Maybe a contribution towards his stay at the Trotthouse. He often puts more money out of pocket for things we don't event think about.

Let's not forget my presence here is Technically Still Banned.

My first membership from way back in 2006 was officially banned for no reason what so ever. I had not made any posts for months and one day I tried to log in to read stuff and I was banned. My entire history here on this forum, all my PMs and my friend list, was wiped out.

Any posts I made with that account, my full real name, James Lehman, are smeared with THIS USER WAS CLUEBYFOURED.

When is it enough?

How will it ever be understood if there is no explanation or conversation?

James.
    Last edited by james; 04-21-2013 at 11:00.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Can we please un-ban James... He's seriously cool and a very talented part of the laser community. He also freely contributes to PL and asks for nothing in return. Lets bury the Past BS and move on in a positive way..

Just my thoughts,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Can we please un-ban James... He's seriously cool and a very talented part of the laser community. He also freely contributes to PL and asks for nothing in return. Lets bury the Past BS and move on in a positive way..
    I agree.

I've often thought buffo should get something in exchange for all he does to put this on. Maybe a contribution towards his stay at the Trotthouse.
    Not a bad idea at all. I'll gladly contribute to whatever you come up with Brad. Just let me know.

Smile

I think DZ should pay Spec's way based on the sake incident.
    HAHAHA! Though in fairness, that was a couple years ago. It was Spec who brought the Sake though, wasn't it? (Come to think of it, he also brought that capsaicin-laced energy drink one year that just about stopped my heart...)

But yeah, we haven't seen Spec in several years. Would be nice to have him there this time around.
    But seriously, if I am going to help someone get to SELEM I want to reserve that help for someone who has actually shown an interest in getting to SELEM. I vote that we pay James Lehman's way. He's the only person I know that likes SELEM so much that he will go even when he is banished from it.
    Again, ancient history. Uncomfortable though it was, it's in the past. I'd be happy to see James there this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    not sure i want to know the backstory on this...
    No, you really don't. It involves a lot of senior PL members (including me) behaving badly. Embarassingly so. Cringe-worthy, even. It was not our finest hour, believe me.
    the only one we should for sure sent to SELEM for free is Adam for his hard work. In fact, I think he should be paid a little for it.
    Thanks Gary, but I must politely refuse. SELEM is a labor of love. If I ever got paid for it, I think it would cheapen the whole experience for me.

It's like having your family or friends over to your house for dinner, and then at the end they offer to pay for the meal... That's awkward.

I do SELEM because I get a kick out of it. If it was my job, I don't think it would be nearly as much fun anymore. Besides, people have already done some really nice favors for me over the years.

Adam