Thread: Abstracts from Designer in Beyond

Default Abstracts from Designer in Beyond

Beyond(QM) and LD2000 users; Have any of you seen differences in the abstracts that are created in Designer and dsiplayed in Beyond? Every time I create an abstract in Designer to display live, in Beyond, they look very different from what I see in Designer or Showtime. I can take some side by side pics when I get home from work to show what I mean but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. Perhaps I have something set incorrectly in Beyond or maybe the integration between the two softwares is still being worked out as Beyond progresses. Any light shed on this would be awesome.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I got a chance to shoot some video to desmonstrate what I am talking about. Bear in mind, I used the camera on my phone so it is not going to render the color too well but you can definitely see the difference between showtime and Beyond.

Displayed with Showtime:

Same abstract in Beyond:

Again, in Showtime:

Same abstract in Beyond:

looks like it might be a scale issue. Render the abstract and then insert the frames rather than use an abstract.

I'll give that a try, thanks! I guess the integration still has a bit to go.

Hi,

We looked into this, and we think the problem is that your PC is a bit under-powered for BEYOND. Do we understand correctly that your computer only has 512MB? If so, we'd recommend you invest a little bit of money and get some more memory for your PC.

Bill

That may be the cause. RAM and computer parts, I've got. The PC my QM is in has been upped to 2GB and while the issue is still happening, it is not as pronounced. I may, once again, up it to 4GB to see if that helps but being that it is only a 32bit OS, I am only going to see about 3.5GB, give or take. I might try a 64bit windows 7 install with a stronger processor as well. Right now it is running a Pentium 4 with 2 threaded cores. I have a spare Core 2 Duo E6400 with 4GB of RAM that I could pop in it. Unfortunately, that is the strongest 775 chip that this motherboard will socket. I've tried others and it locks up at the post screen. I'll try that out this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks, Bill

Hi Absolom,

We've tried two computers, side by side, with two projectors. One running LD2000 and the other BEYOND, displaying the same abstract. As far as we can tell, they really look very similar.

Actually, what occurs to me is that perhaps what you are seeing only happens with certain abstracts. Please send me a file by email, with the abstract you are seeing the differences, or, if it's one of our standard ones, please let me know. Email is best since I only check PL once in a while these days...

Bill