Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pallette Training

Default Pallette Training

Just tried some Pallette training in Beyond. All I can say is WOW!

Gone for a fully balanced approach to everything as plenty of power to spare.

I'm now seeing much brighter cleaner base colours and shades of mixed colour I've never seen before!
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-24-2013 at 03:58.

What version of beyond are you using... Last I checked you still needed to use LD to setup palettes in Beyond..
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

I thought palettes only worked with LD too!
    But Al does get beta versions (but ssssh, he's not allowed to talk about it) so I would assume it's in a more general release if he's posting about it here.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I think you get Betas too Norty , although I think its a more general version.

Anyway its Build 537 but I imagine its old now as I've not been using Beyond for while again for personal reasons.

There's no wizard in Beyond, it's all manual adjustment, at least up to now. If you can't find it then go to the colour tab and select custom.

Thought I'd post some results.

I thought this was pretty good although I am a newb when it comes to palette training.

(Opinions on the palette always welcomed).

Its the 10 circle ILDA grey scale pattern and its taken with a long exposure to show the very weak circles on the left, hence why the ones on the right look thick and burned in:

Colours on the cues look good now anyway.

It's in 535 as well Norty, just checked.

Are you just talking about the ability to set thresholds for the colours that Bill spoke about here a while back?
    The words 'Palette Training' evokes a specific piece of software functionality to me.
    Frikkin Lasers

I'm going to be careful what I say publicly Norty simply because I don't know what's in the public domain. Its nothing personal, but rather out of respect for Pangolin.

In any case, for anyone who has these builds, its easy to find for yourself what's in and what isn't simply by looking and playing. If you haven't, you'll find out on release.

There is no training wizard in Beyond and I understand there won't be. There will be tutorials instead.

There is a specific palette training adjustment feature that allows you to adjust the colours and other things

You can adjust the preset colour palette or customise it with your own colours and adjust those. The software then calculates the shades in between as currently in LD. Then there are other adjustments that are possible.

If you have build 535 or above (it may even be in lower builds, I don't know), then it's Projector Settings > Colour Settings > Advanced > Edit.

Meanwhile, what do you think to the test pattern above, any good?

It's there in 534 which is the latest on my desktop.
    The curves look useful.
    My biggest problem is going to be associating a DAC permanently with a projector/set of projectors. E.g. Sometimes the primary projector will be a single big one, sometimes it will be a pair of smaller ones.
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    My biggest problem is going to be associating a DAC permanently with a projector/set of projectors. E.g. Sometimes the primary projector will be a single big one, sometimes it will be a pair of smaller ones.
    You can save and load profiles so nothing to stop you adjusting for each projector then saving the profile. Your projector serials or a simple number on the back of the projector should enable you to associate a file with the projector.

The curves are something else. Concentrate on the bars.