Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animating the rabbit in QS

Default Animating the rabbit in QS

If I wanted to get the jumping rabbit to run across the screen how would I do it?
    Many thanks in advance

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

try chasing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish323 View Post
    If I wanted to get the jumping rabbit to run across the screen how would I do it?
    Many thanks in advance
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Put a carrot at the other side of your screen?

Seriously though, is it an animated ILDA file?, can't say I've seen it in QS
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

It came with Quick Show. Excuse my ignorance but what is an ILDA file and how would I know?

bunny.qsyn

You would believe how ridiculously complicated this is in QS.
    First, you could apply a set of effects to the animation cue. But that would prevent me from uploading example file here, because these effects are not saved in the animation, they belong to the workspace. So, I have to use a synth, because this lets me save the effects along with the animation.
    But.. In QS you can't create a new synth from scratch, so you have to copy a cue, or load an empty synth you have saved earlier.
    Then, you can't transfer an animation from the workspace into the synth directly. So you have to go into the animation cue save it there, and import in into the synth. (or select the frames in the editor, and just copy paste it)
    Then you have to make sure it is time based, otherwise it will run out of sync with the time based effects. The animation is 11 frames so 11 fps should be good.
    Then you will have to create an oscillating linear effect along the x axis from right to left. Problem is the bunny hops. So it sits still 50% of the time. So two effects will be needed, one for the translation, one for the hopping. Otherwise it will look like it's on ice, sliding along as it sits still. Also a little negative phase delay is needed to sync the hopping effect with the animation. A third effect is added to reduce the rabbit size, otherwise it would take 2 hops to cross the screen.

For all the rest QS is a pretty easy piece of software with a short and shallow learning curve

You could just edit the frames, far easier but a little time intensive.

Select frame 1 then re-position the rabbit to the right hand side of the screen.

On the 1st frame that shows movement, do the same but move it slightly left.

Onthe next frame after that do the same as in point 2 above and repeat until the rabbit stops moving. Try to keep the movements equal.

Now you need to skip those frames where its stationary and move it left when the rabbit starts to hop again.

By the time you get to the end frame, hopefully you'll have hopped the rabbit from right to left.

Just remember is to not move the rabbit on those frames in between the hops, as you don't want the Ghost of Michael Jackson Moonwalking it!

If you don't have enough frames, copy and paste the existing ones (copied frames always appear after the last frame of the animation) then start from where you left off. Any frames once the rabbit has gone off screen can simply be deleted. If you want a pause between the cycle, add in some blank frames at the end.

Using Bart's method, avoids the frame changes but complicates the effect movement as you have to add in delays as well as get the effect the right length to exactly match. Horses (or rabbits) for courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

Seriously though, is it an animated ILDA file?, can't say I've seen it in QS
    Derek's workspace > Animals > C is the cue I think he's looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Put a carrot at the other side of your screen?
    Jasper Carrot?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Damn... I'm thinkin' just scrap the Easter show and enjoy the holiday!

Thanks for all the help. It all seems a bit complicated. I'll have a look at it over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish323 View Post
    Thanks for all the help. It all seems a bit complicated. I'll have a look at it over the next few weeks.
    Bart has already done one for you above if you check his post.