Thread: Interesting Color Patlettes

Default Interesting Color Patlettes

Does anyone have any interesting color palettes ... computer generated or not?

I have generated a "Hue" based palette and a Red Green White one... and there are a few ILDA color palettes... I will post the code for the Hue and RGW ones.

Does anyone have any others they would like to share?

Thanks!

I use this 8 bit palette generated with VB.NET
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Palette.PNG 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	38403

LaserBoy has a smooth palette generator.

First you create a new empty palette. Then you define anywhere from 2 to 7 colors, in the first indexes of the new palette. Then you can choose to create a linear or a circular palette of smooth transitions from one color to the next of the colors you defined.

The circular version finishes the transition from the last color back to the first.

You can define any color by its raw RGB values.

Black is just as valid as any other color.

You can use the palette to color frames that are color matched to it. That would be a combo of an ILDA section 2 (palette) followed by either a section 0 or 1 (3D or 2D frame).

Or you can use it to color a true-color frame (ILDA sections 4 or 5). Actually you can use any number of different palettes to add colors to true-color frames.

Or you could just export the palette as a plain ASCII text table of either individual RGB values or hex values as seen in HTML. You can also import palettes into LaserBoy in the same form. So you can create a palette in a text editor of anything from 1 to 255 color values.

In general, LaserBoy makes great use of the concept of "the palette" !

James.
    Last edited by james; 05-27-2013 at 09:51.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Thanks very much!