Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: riya/LSX lagging :(

no to dynamic. i cannot chance this because if set to static i will lose my internet connection. i have tried messing with the router with the help of windows guru's and with the pc settings but it doesnt really work well here.
    the riya dac is set to a static IP though.

EDIT: removing the cable from the hub and trying to connect directly to PC did NOT fix the problem
    Last edited by borgqueenx; 03-30-2013 at 10:36.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

why would you lose your internet ?
    just set it so the riya can use it,your router will find your pc just fine i sure dont have any problems on my laptop with its ip fixed
    and if it dont find it straight away just restart every thing including the router
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

where can i set this adress? at adapter settings, i have local area connection and the wireless connection. i take it i need to chance the local area connection?

Hi borgqueenx

Did you say you set the Dac IP adress the same as computer? They have to be different for sure.

Have not tried the static IP but will try it monday. Also try to kill all the firewalls. Would like a windows that dont have any extras and starts only my soft and nothing else.
    Have Dell Latitude D830 Have heard that the dell dont get along with the dac. Have been thinking about new laptop but which one works and would be strong enough.

You need to set the adress to the connection that you are useing.

i need to know exact what settings i should chance. name a ip adress for me and where to set. i need noob friendly instructions i think.

in local area connection, it does say unidentified network when the riya dac is powered on but connected to ethernet only. when cut power it doesnt say this. so it knows something is connected at least.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    I would love to try ethernet...i know about the network.ini but have no idea what address to set.
    Tried setting a IP in riya setting then desame in network.ini but no luck...maybe something more is needed i do not know.
    I do use a usb hub. I will try to use it directly to pc.
    It's simple to try ethernet.. set the IP in RIYASettings to a static IP that's in your subnet and that none of your other computers are using.
    Then put the same (desame) IP in the network.ini, and connect the RIYA under USB power only (using a USB power adapter) to your router with a network cable.

My pc is a gaming monster...average cpu use is 25% in windows on a 1440p display.
    If this is a 'typical' dual core system with hyperthreading, that means that one of the 'cores' is being used 100% all the time. That's not normal for a high powered system, and could indicate a problem. Normally it would not interfere with other programs because there are 3 other cores available, but if whatever's running 100% core is accessing the USB subsystem it could cause a problem. I suggest you look in task manager and see what's using 25% CPU..

I can say that Fiesta has a adress 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254 any suits but you have to see it does not mach with any other in this network.
    For the computer I have done this only for digiLed soft but I think it should work.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249...-or-windows-7/
    Will try it on monday but give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    It's simple to try ethernet.. set the IP in RIYASettings to a static IP that's in your subnet and that none of your other computers are using.
    Then put the same (desame) IP in the network.ini, and connect the RIYA under USB power only (using a USB power adapter) to your router with a network cable.

If this is a 'typical' dual core system with hyperthreading, that means that one of the 'cores' is being used 100% all the time. That's not normal for a high powered system, and could indicate a problem. Normally it would not interfere with other programs because there are 3 other cores available, but if whatever's running 100% core is accessing the USB subsystem it could cause a problem. I suggest you look in task manager and see what's using 25% CPU..
    applemobiledeviceservice.exe

lol apple working with windows....not a good combination
    anyway, its a quad core 3,4ghz processor so i'd say the other 75% should be good enough for LSX

Don't miss the point I made about this errant process accessing the USB subsystem. That's exactly what this service could be doing.