Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: riya/LSX lagging :(

Have heard that some programs just cant use more then 1 core and that means that the first core is overloaded and others dont do nothing. That means you have 75% free but 100% used of useble. Is there any way
    Would really like to know how to deactivate programs from task manager so they wont start unless I start them.
    Is there a windows that is blank of everything but necessar. I think the Windows NT was something like that?

Take a look at your PC's local area connection settings. You'll see an IP address, gateway address, and network mask. What you'll want to do is set the DAC to an IP address where the last 'octet' (192.168.1.123 <- the bold is the last octet) is different from your PC. For example, if you are on 192.168.1.101, set the dac to 192.168.1.120. I would suggest going 10 or so higher just to avoid conflicts with any other devices you might have in the house that also have dynamically assigned IPs. (laptops, smartphones, etc) If you need to set the gateway and netmask addresses, those should be identical to the PC settings as those control routing back to the router and the network topology.

Hope that helps.

i figured it out guys thanks so much for the help
    i had 192.168.1.88 in riya settings asigned for the dac. but in my ipv4 settings on local area i had set 192.168.0.88. windows gave me some kind of warning when i wanted to set 192.168.1.88 so i skipped that at first. i ignored the warning this time and it works now.
    Although - the riya settings app still doesnt work over ethernet while it shares desame network file.
    tried playing 3 shows, no lag yet! yayy!

now i just hope the riya pro stays working and doesnt go weird again like it did before(see other topic of mine)
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacter View Post
    Have heard that some programs just cant use more then 1 core and that means that the first core is overloaded and others dont do nothing. That means you have 75% free but 100% used of useble. Is there any way
    Would really like to know how to deactivate programs from task manager so they wont start unless I start them.
    Is there a windows that is blank of everything but necessar. I think the Windows NT was something like that?
    Some programs can't use more than one core, but windows distributes them on all cores to even the load. LSX is multicore aware and optimized to use whatever CPUs are available. 3 of his cores is more than enough for it to run, the point is that if one program (the apple program) is hogging a shared resource like part of the USB system, it could interfere with others trying to access that same system even if plenty of CPU is available.

Boaz, you haven't posted what firmware version you are using yet, and you haven't commented about DMX, two points above.

Not using dmx. Dmx on my projector is not wired so no connection going there.
    I never turned it on anywhere.
    Firmware is 0.50000 or something like that. Its the newest according to Ihor.

Ok, glad Ethernet connection is working fine for you, no lag. I still wonder about your USB system, but if you are satisfied to use Ethernet, no use in wasting time I guess. get back to enjoying shows

yeah if this stays working im satisfied with ethernet.

Have now dealed with that problem and it seems it is caused by high latency.
    Here are some videos that show how to bring down the latency and make the show smoorher.

You can check your latency with DPC Latency Checker from http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml.

How to fix it:

Here is a video for music producers and Djs but the problem is the same!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7awctTsK34

This Is for gamers but is different method and should help too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rhWeL4L_pI

Priit

first it said i reach 1000 uS and it says i could handle anything without dropouts.
    but after like 20 seconds i got 16000 uS wich was a very high red bar but immediatly disappeared and normal bars showed up again.
    average uS is just below 500 though.

could this also be a cause for a weird internet connection that sometimes is very high and sometimes as slow as 10kb/s max?

Have not done the secund method but the first seemd to help.
    For me the 3000uS brought stutter.

I have a feeling that this "latency" is a connection that is used by everything in computer.
    Still cant say I understand the latency and could give a right answer. Would like to figure out how to buy a computer with biggest connection of "latency" so it could let through more. Also would like to find solution that prioritise my software.

Will try the secund method tomorrow and let you know my results.