Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: riya/LSX lagging :(

Default riya/LSX lagging :(

do you guys also have this? is it the connection from pc to the riya or is the riya messing up? or is it the LSX software i use?
    this video clearly shows the lag. this happens randomly. quitting lsx and restarting fixes the problem for a short while.
    i already had this issue for as long as i can remember but the lag is getting worser and pops up more then first.

help would be appriciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKqBiWRXPaI
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

try deactivating the lcd screen on the riya and see if it does it again

i believe i remember there is a max kpps that the lcd can be used with
    "its called character briggs..."

no it didnt help i already tried

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

do you have the latest and greatest version of LSX? there was an update release about a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    no it didnt help i already tried
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi,

It seems to be a communication problem. Have been searching the solution for a long time as I have it with Fiesta.net.
    Have seen problems with Pangolins .net too.
    Bought a 300mbps wifi router and 300mbps usb wifi stick and it seams the connection is still failing. Blocking them even with the hand makes the laser stutter even with in 3m.
    Have had Stutter with the net cabel also so I think there is more communication then connection problem.
    Hope someone can help to fix this.

Best regards
    Priit

so you have desame problem?

Hi Boaz, Nautilus Integration has put a lot of time into LSX to ensure the rendering engine produces smooth output on any DAC devices. However, there can be system or device issues that cause this problem which are out of LSX's control. I'll run through some here to try to help you troubleshoot.

RIYA firmware: What firmware revision are you running? Older (2000nds decade) firmwares experienced this occasionally
    USB: are you using USB? Don't use a USB hub. Use high quality USB cabling. If you have other high bandwidth USB devices, move them to a different controller
    Ethernet: Are you using ethernet to the RIYA? Some firewalls may interfere with the free flow of packets. Try disabling your firewall briefly if you are behind a NAT or not on the internet.
    Ethernet: Are you using a 10M hub to the RIYA? Update your ethernet cabling and hub/switch to 100M or better.
    Ethernet: Are you doing a bittorrent while connecting to the RIYA with Ethernet? Try stopping other high bandwidth applications.
    CPU load: Are you running CPU hungry programs in the background? Try stopping them to allow the RIYA driver time to process and send information.
    DMX: are you using the RIYA DMX capability at the time? If not, make sure DMX input isn't enabled. With these devices, I have found that noise on the DMX in line can cause issues when DMX input is enabled.

I would love to try ethernet...i know about the network.ini but have no idea what address to set.
    Tried setting a IP in riya setting then desame in network.ini but no luck...maybe something more is needed i do not know.
    I do use a usb hub. I will try to use it directly to pc.

My pc is a gaming monster...average cpu use is 25% in windows on a 1440p display.

When i had a riya dac i had the same problem ,when i used the dac with a usb cable, but it was fine when i used it with network cable
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Did you set your pc to a static ip address ?

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    I would love to try ethernet...i know about the network.ini but have no idea what address to set.
    Tried setting a IP in riya setting then desame in network.ini but no luck...maybe something more is needed i do not know.
    I do use a usb hub. I will try to use it directly to pc.

My pc is a gaming monster...average cpu use is 25% in windows on a 1440p display.
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.