Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap mitsubishi red module with drivers and analogue modulation......but...

Default Cheap mitsubishi red module with drivers and analogue modulation......but...

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ht_3349wt_1163

2mm at beam aparture and 1.8mrad!!! .......2mm yeah right.
    i still am interested in this build. its small it already got a fan heatsink and its possible to paste a tec under it.

ive already posted this at the ebay topic in buy sell trade but no one replied. im wondering if it would be a simple matter of pasting/glueing a lens in front of the module or whatever.

its really cheap and thats why i wonder if its usable.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

If it's a single mitsu diode, they're pushing it really hard. Bet it wont last 5000 hrs.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it's two mistu diodes and a pbs cube. no corrective optics and no way to adjust the alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    If it's a single mitsu diode, they're pushing it really hard. Bet it wont last 5000 hrs.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

No way to adjust? That glue looks easily breakable for re alignment. Im wondering if a lens could be placed in fron to correct the beam into less mrad and a smaller beam size because that 2mm is horseshit.

uh huh... and are you going to adjust vertical alignment by "breaking the glue"?

read the threads on corrective optics for those diodes. it's more involved than just putting a lens in front.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    No way to adjust? That glue looks easily breakable for re alignment. Im wondering if a lens could be placed in fron to correct the beam into less mrad and a smaller beam size because that 2mm is horseshit.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Ah yes vertical will be a problem
    But still its cheap....and i dont have 2000 or more for a kvant

it is cheap.. and it is bright... it's also got really bad beam specs and you will hate it.

the choice is yours.

Ah yes vertical will be a problem
    But still its cheap....and i dont have 2000 or more for a kvant

Thats why i wonder what i can do about those beam specs.

there's a lot of posts about "correcting" multimode diode beams using a combination of cylindrical and aspheric lenses floating around photonlexicon. do a little searching.

Thats why i wonder what i can do about those beam specs.

Whatever you end up doing, I wouldn't do it with that POS. Spraypaint on the outside, glue on the inside. For the same money, you can build it yourself with better parts and drivers, then add in corrective optics. My bet is you would end up destroying that PBS trying to break it off the mount. It's just not worth the trouble.
    CT Lasers Luminance RGB @ 3.09 watts
    (680mw 640, 960mw 532, 250mw 473, 1200mw 445, DT40W)
    FB3 w/ Beyond
    Second RGB in progress.