Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Laser nightlights and assorted stupidity

My prediciton is that more than half of the children having this gadget in theyr room will stick theyr eye directly into the emisson hole of that cube. It is the nature of childeren to be curoius, explore, look and feel. Sadly the learningexperience from doing so with this device will result in permanent retina damage for shure.

The general knowlage of laser exposure are close to non exsistant in the general population, so who can blame a parent for buying what looks like a cool lamp? We rely on information given by the producer, and in this case it looks like the producer have more hunger for money than conscience.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Hrmmmm... If night lights like that are able to fall between all safety and regulatory cracks, I'm sure that this little item has potential on Kickstarter:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightsaber-7.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	42859

glad this is finally grabbing attention.
    The guy send me a fake cdrh approval number or something like that I recall when I pointed it out this is illigal and dangerous.
    Hope this stuff gets taken down

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Be careful guys, If he is the one I think he is, he has a fresh patent on galvo scanning of laser shows under software control. He probably should not be using crowd sourcing, he has a successful existing product. Its on the "Home Shopping Network" and in "Skymall". He also has a patent on using diffraction gratings in laser shows. If he is the guy I think he is, he sued a bunch of "DJ" style product making companies for using diffraction effects, and won. No one could throw enough lawyers against him, even though diffraction effects have been used long before 17 years ago. ( US Patent Duration)

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    If he is the guy I think he is, he sued a bunch of "DJ" style product making companies for using diffraction effects, and won. No one could throw enough lawyers against him, even though diffraction effects have been used long before 17 years ago. ( US Patent Duration)

Steve
    I thought there was an effort a few years back, for prior art to counter this claim?
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

That's how the rich get richer. With enough money and high-dollar lawyers they can beat any rap, even murder .. (or, of course eye damage ) ..

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    I thought there was an effort a few years back, for prior art to counter this claim?
    It failed, so I'm told. Several companies banded together against him and lost. Many lawyers don't do very well when it comes to technology issues. Worse yet is when multiple companies are defending and won't cooperate with each other.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...