Bumble1795
    That is incredible!

Keith,
    Wow, top job matey!

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Video for George...
    (Sorry, can't remember your username)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6JcybgDFo
    That is some very clever projection mapping (I'm assuming thats how its done as that's what it looks like). I presume also that's why its actually being moved on the robotic arm rather than by the performer, to maintain precise alignment. Totally fools the eye though, you could actually believe there is a box there and those floating 3D shapes, wow. Imagine those in a dance club, especially if you were a fan of the smarties.
    Last edited by White-Light; 09-25-2013 at 23:40.

Keith, those photo's are just superb! As said, they really capture the essence of what an LEM consists of.
    Absolutely brilliant Sir!

Re - the Video mapping - am I correct in the assumption that the two panels attached to the robotic arms are say, green screens? and what you see on these 'green screens' is digitised video images not projected but 'added' into the final video clip by means of computers as with the old green screen method did - But more precise without the fuzzy edges of old?
    Certainly very good!

Al, please need not apply as I could Google it as you do with everything but I don't have time too and I am trying to make conversation here with friends about the topic. Thanks
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Can I just say another HUGE thanks to everyone who was involved in mine (FB3 & Pangolin Beyond) and my Partner Dawn's (Huge Bouquet of flowers) presents. They brought lumps to both our throats I can guarantee you that!
    The Surfleet LEM's will continue to be held as long as I am alive
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Thanks Jim, photos are the least I can do

I think the video is directly projection mapped onto white boards. The light reflected from the boards shows this. The great thing with using robots is that they always know exactly where they are and can respond to human interaction and feedback directly to the mapping software. Very clever stuff and WAY beyond my skill-set (at the moment)!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    The Surfleet LEM's will continue to be held as long as I am alive
    Live long Jim

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Live long Jim

Rob
    Shouldn't that be "Live long and prosper?... Jim"
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post

Al, please need not apply as I could Google it as you do with everything but I don't have time too and I am trying to make conversation here with friends about the topic. Thanks
    You need to learn to read before you can Google though, Jim.

Taken from the front page of the Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6JcybgDFo :

Box explores the synthesis of real and digital space through projection-mapping on moving surfaces. The short film documents a live performance, captured entirely in camera.

Bot & Dolly produced this work to serve as both an artistic statement and technical demonstration. It is the culmination of multiple technologies, including large scale robotics, projection mapping, and software engineering. We believe this methodology has tremendous potential to radically transform theatrical presentations, and define new genres of expression.
    As for friends, am I not being friendly enough Jim? Maybe I should drop round in person for a cuppa.

No problem, 3 cup's of tea awaiting your arrival.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!