Thread: Light Fantastic Cheshire Cat Hologram

Default Light Fantastic Cheshire Cat Hologram

Hi,
    I have a Light Fantastic Cheshire Cat, it's brilliant and I love it but I fear I may have to sell it. Does anyone know where would be a sensible place to start. Are there dealers in such things?

Thanks
    Kate

Kate
    If you are on the dreaded facebook look up the holography group on there run by our very own Jem - they will prob have a good idea. If you love it I hope you dont have to sell though.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thank you, will do x

Hi Kate, like you I also love holograms and have been collecting since the 1980s. I would be interested in chatting to you if you are still thinking of selling this. Please let me know what you think. Kind regards. Jill.

Hmmm... Do you know what?, I could have sworn I replied to this thread. Anyway, thanks Rob for a pointer in the right direction. I agree, it would be a huge shame to sell such an iconic hologram, but if you really need to sell it, we'll, that's a different matter.

BTW, Kate found her way to the holography group on FB

Jill, welcome to Photonlexicon. It might also be worth popping over to FaceBook and searching out the holography group. You can see the discussion there including contributions form the maker of the hologram
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Kate

If you still have this and want to sell it, i too would be interested

lesley

Hello again.
    After some consideration I have decided I am going to sell the Light Fantastic Cheshire Cat.
    I know a couple of you expressed an interest when I originally wrote. If you are still interested please contact me with an offer. I would prefer to send it to one of the group rather than public auction.
    Thank you.

Hi Kate

Would probably be a good idea to give a guide to a ballpark price.

These things tend to fetch wildly varying prices. What you have in your mind and what it could fetch may be hugely different.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by KKC View Post
    Hello again.
    After some consideration I have decided I am going to sell the Light Fantastic Cheshire Cat.
    I know a couple of you expressed an interest when I originally wrote. If you are still interested please contact me with an offer. I would prefer to send it to one of the group rather than public auction.
    Thank you.
    Hi KKC

Yes I am still interested in buying it. Like Jess I am interested in some kind of ball park figure as I ma unclear of the market costs of this piece.

Lesley