Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No New Projects?

Default No New Projects?

I have noticed that there has been little discussion over the past few weeks about new projects or modifications. I know these updates are irregular and so no big deal, but I miss these posts even when the information is limited or the issues are not monumental. Maybe work is going on and it just isn't being talked about.

For me... all pipeline jobs; stay tuned
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i just finished up a new laser show. does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I have noticed that there has been little discussion over the past few weeks about new projects or modifications. I know these updates are irregular and so no big deal, but I miss these posts even when the information is limited or the issues are not monumental. Maybe work is going on and it just isn't being talked about.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

im always working on new stuff, just dont always post about them
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Just working on stepper motor control, for some scan through. Will have linear actuated quick pulls in front of this but can only go so deep. So this slower rotating wheel gets me more, will just have to watch the programming closer.

leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Just working on stepper motor control, for some scan through. Will have linear actuated quick pulls in front of this but can only go so deep. So this slower rotating wheel gets me more, will just have to watch the programming closer.
    Very nice, that thing certainly has some potential. Will you be able to rotate the individual effects when it's done?

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Very nice, that thing certainly has some potential. Will you be able to rotate the individual effects when it's done?
    If you mean a wheel inside of the wheel spining. I have thought about that, may try to retro-fit some spinning gobo's onto this or else have them switched in front of this. I have a few old martin 1220 around.

Also have a couple rotary solenoid to use for a quick flip in and out, but not spinning.

The sweet part is drlava coded up some magic in LSX for me to control a microUSB and also the DMX. So I can have TTL and DMX. I slave a LSX timeline to the HD24 and can use it to turn in any effects or add another scanner head all in perfect time with the ADAT everytime. I convert the ADAT sync, to MidiTime code. Push play and i'll have beam tables, lumia, scan effects etc all taken care of.

leading in trailing technology

"video, or it didn't happen!"

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    If you mean a wheel inside of the wheel spining. I have thought about that, may try to retro-fit some spinning gobo's onto this or else have them switched in front of this. I have a few old martin 1220 around.

Also have a couple rotary solenoid to use for a quick flip in and out, but not spinning.

The sweet part is drlava coded up some magic in LSX for me to control a microUSB and also the DMX. So I can have TTL and DMX. I slave a LSX timeline to the HD24 and can use it to turn in any effects or add another scanner head all in perfect time with the ADAT everytime. I convert the ADAT sync, to MidiTime code. Push play and i'll have beam tables, lumia, scan effects etc all taken care of.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

i just finished up a new laser show. does that count?

Sure that counts. I can't wait to see more. The P. shows are nice and to me, familiar, but your shows are always a little more exotic. I wish there was a Show Space for these to be downloaded.

ust working on stepper motor control, for some scan through.
    That's what I'm talking about. There is usually a lot more progress reports about projector builds posted and lately, WAY TOO LITTLE of these innovative effects mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Sure that counts. I can't wait to see more. The P. shows are nice and to me, familiar, but your shows are always a little more exotic. I wish there was a Show Space for these to be downloaded.

i don't want to cross post *too* much. the link is here:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...307#post258307