Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Söme Surpluss Schtüff...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ..A topless laser rain dance? That would be amusing.
    ...don't forget the Barry White...

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ...don't forget the Barry White...

j
    Cues the machado grating shot.
    leading in trailing technology

Err... I'd do her.
    That's what you said about the pole-dancer you were going to take to Utila, and we all know how that ended up...

Adam

PS: Jon - are you sure Brad's variance covers mirrored-ball scans? Mine doesn't. I was led to believe that checking that box, like checking the one for audience-scanning, would almost assure the application would be rejected...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    That's what you said about the pole-dancer you were going to take to Utila, and we all know how that ended up...
    I'll spare details but, I'll have you know that is getting closer, thank you very much! Her "trade deficit" right now almost assures it.

PS: Jon - are you sure Brad's variance covers mirrored-ball scans? Mine doesn't. I was led to believe that checking that box, like checking the one for audience-scanning, would almost assure the application would be rejected...
    Static, yes, I believe so. Rotating no. But, my intent with these is uncoherent par 36 pinspots anyway.

Thumbs up

...PS: Jon - are you sure Brad's variance covers mirrored-ball scans?
    Yepper-do.. Ya can read all about it, here: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...12-V-0121-0003 ..all public-411..

I was led to believe that checking that box, like checking the one for audience-scanning, would almost assure the application would be rejected...
    ..well, maybe next time I can help ya with that.. We actually did not check 'stationary irradiation of mir. balls', just 'scanned irra..' but they approved both.. Of course, the 'caviat' is that what comes-off those mir-balls, needs to be safe... which is easily-accomplished via a) keeping the mir-balls moving, and b) scanning, vs 'static-beams', and, even if-used, modulating for intensity / color, so you're not just, ie: 'pumping 5 Watt beams off facets', etc.. moving-ball or not, such are likelier to be over MPE for eyes, etc..

..Yes, 'statics' are trickier, ie: with a mobolazer, off-mirs, etc, but, in such cases, you can easily 'constrain the beamlet-cluster', to be up the side of a wall / ceiling, etc, and ensure that any 'sub-beamlets' (..ya know - how some are 'stronger' than others, as you catch fragments-of the mir-tiles / edges, etc) are not lower than safe-heights for the peeps in the room, and/or not exceeding MPE - for any time they might 'sweep' below reg-height, or, ie: reflect off a mylar balloon, etc... At least, the good thing about a mir-ball (vs, ie: a galvo-lockup...) is, they can't really 'stop on a dime'..

Anyhoo, I'm sure Cap'n Brad will werk it safely... he's quite the responsible-señor, and good example for others.. not so sure about his 'safety program for piggy-banks', tho...
    (..as I ship him 4 mir. balls, right?..
    ..I know, I know... I'm prolly going to 'photon-pusher hell', for sure..

j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 04-29-2013 at 21:32. Reason: sp

Interesting... I might revisit that idea in the future then.

Although to be honest, the irradiance still has to be below 10 mw/square cm, so the effect is probably going to look pretty lame in anything other than absolute darkness. But even so, it might be nice to have that in my bag of tricks...

Adam

...Although to be honest... the effect is probably going to look pretty lame in anything other than absolute darkness.
    Nah, this is where, a) the continuous-movement of the ball, (assisting with lower exposure-duration) intensity / color-modulation, as well as scanning, are all your 'allies', and b) that's only if you're going to 'sweep peeps with the rain'.. you can have quite-hot 'rain', up the side of a wall, above safe-heights / up into a ceiling, and have the effect look really awesome, (especially if a big-space..) even-if not 'immersive'... Point is, easy to keep it safe / looking cool, w/o having to be in pitch-blackness. In a tiny-room, sure - perhaps more of a challenge.. but, 'tiny room' is not a problem Brad has to worry-about..

ciao
    j

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Nah, this is where, a) the continuous-movement of the ball, (assisting with lower exposure-duration) intensity / color-modulation, as well as scanning, are all your 'allies', and b) that's only if you're going to 'sweep peeps with the rain'.. you can have quite-hot 'rain', up the side of a wall, above safe-heights / up into a ceiling, and have the effect look really awesome, (especially if a big-space..) even-if not 'immersive'... Point is, easy to keep it safe / looking cool, w/o having to be in pitch-blackness. In a tiny-room, sure - perhaps more of a challenge.. but, 'tiny room' is not a problem Brad has to worry-about..

ciao
    j
    Are you able to source a photo of this effect? Not that I want to take you away from ANY projects/work but, would like to see the effect you are describing. I hadn't "planned" to use lasers with these but, now you have me thinkin'. And yeah... it's far from tiny. People that wonder why I have so much gear don't fully understand.

Lightbulb

Heya Cap -

Are you able to source a photo of this effect? ..now you have me thinkin'...
    Sure, but... it's just 'not the same'.. a) hard to photograph, bright-enough, w/o washing-out the ccd from 'pings' (..even if eye-safe - ie: try photographing a 'blisslight', lookin at-it, sometime.. ), and b) tough to get a true-sense of the 'volumetricicity' in stills.. video is a tad-better, ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLdivWH1f8 - albeit this is not a 'MB', but.. you get the point..

..The best way to 'get a feel' is, go plug one of your plethora of photonic-puppies in, and scan a tiny-cone (empty-room / fogged, etc.. ) off it, and observe the 'wash' you get from different angles / sides, etc.. then - color-cycle / slow-down the scan-rate to almost a 'chop'.. You should have your motors on Fri, and, your 'balls should drop' on Mon., latest..

ciao for now...
    j

Lightbulb

MB's, awgone...

ALSO - had someone inquire about a BBAR PBS cube.. went and dug it all out / packed it up / sealed for shipping... aaand they bailed.. -_- ..so:
    Offering-up 1x of the 'dave Co' BBAR PBS cubes, 10mm, all virginally-new in its' candy-wrapper, and shipped in a nice plastic optics-bug... (Asking $38. + shipping.) -

Waveplate, Gonned; PBS, still avail.
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-07-2014 at 08:06.