Thread: Nice Laser Pointer, good price

Default Nice Laser Pointer, good price

I only own a couple of green laser pointers, as these come in handy when looking for lumia glass, as well as numerous PowerPoint presentations that are part of work.

Here's a site that sells them at a very reasonable price, as I just purchased two of them at 20% off their normal price and shipping is included for free. I've paid $55 for them in the past from the shack (dropped or lost one, quickly needed, Radio Shack close by, etc.). Worked out to $16 each from this site. They are nice quality & all that I have tested are 4mW. They're back to the normal price of $20, but still a nice pointer if you are looking for one. Shipping was very quick as well. No box included, but who cares about the box?

Radio Shack Green Laser Pointer

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this along.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Do I dare post here??
    WTH you all know about me and my handhelds anyway..
    Strictly for testing I purchased three aaa x2 pointers
    in a package deal- free ship- and quite fast IMO
    And all much overspec- the 405 was close to 90 mW
    the 650 made more than 70mW and the green was also around 80 mW +/-
    the red did not last long- but still taking it apart was eazy(if you know the tricks )
    so it still can be used as a host--

They had make offer so I offered 10$ for all three- they counter-offered at iirc $14
    I came back at $12 and that was what I paid- $4 per pointer-so discounting the dead red i got the 405 & 532 for 6$--I plan to use them inside a totally portable min RGV lumia box with backs removed- button shorted & heatsinked all in one big block of Al. and a Kasio fan, a hankscraft 1/2 rpm DC motor.(ala Dr. Evil but smaller )I would only be guessing at a duty/rest cycle of 2-3 min on and one off. If that is too much?? big deal... more can be gotten at 4$

4 mW is fine for pointing or presentations and trying out new lumia glass for sure but to make a visible Lumia moar power would be needed IMO.