Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vector algorithm need to know the correct wording

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    Have a question quick, i remember there was talk before about some vector ... algorithm that is used to optimize the path the scanner has to travel for drawing the laser images we generate. I can not for the heck of it remember what it was called, can someone chip in if they remember? basically makes it easier on the scanners.
    Hi Folks, I haven't heard of a particular name for the laser-specific algorithm. However, a good strategy (including how to handle blanking, corners, and the line-ordering problem you mentioned) is shown in detail here: http://art-science.org/journal/v7n4/...-v7n4pp155.pdf. Best regards, weartronics

Not completely out...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I never argued against TSP.
    In post #4 you state that the problem is not TSP, as there can't be predefined routes in TSP. Well, that is simply not true. The predefined routes are one out of many objectives in the TSP. All points in the frame is city's. The visible paths are just predefined routes. All visible midpoints can be optimized away before applying a TSP solution. Leaving you with two endpoints which is still two different city's.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    No need to be insulting.
    It was not my intention to be rude or insulting. I hope that my posts was not received that way.
    The thread just got my blood pumping, as this is a field that I have spend much time on and actually knows something about. That's why I got a bit offended by arguments against something that was not fully understood. You have both made your own solution to the TSP

And my advise to you was given with all the best intentions. If your optimization algo really is only based on distance, then you can improve it a lot with very little effort. A hint is to give distance penalties to speed or directional changes on the galvo. (read. Not vectors)
    Last edited by FutureDesign; 06-10-2013 at 03:20.
    Best regards
    Jan Thogersen

Quote Originally Posted by FutureDesign View Post
    Not completely out...

In post #4 you state that the problem is not TSP, as there can't be predefined routes in TSP. Well, that is simply not true. The predefined routes are one out of many objectives in the TSP. All points in the frame is city's. The visible paths are just predefined routes. All visible midpoints can be optimized away before applying a TSP solution. Leaving you with to endpoints which still is two different city's.

It was not my intention to be rude or insulting. I hope that my posts was not received that way.
    The thread just got my blood pumping, as this is a field that I have spend much time on and actually knows something about. That's way I got a bit offended by arguments against something that was not fully understood. You have both made your own solution to the TSP

And my advise to you was given with all the best intentions. If your optimization algo really is only based on distance, then you can improve it a lot with very little effort. A hint is to give distance penalties to speed or directional changes on the galvo. (read. Not vectors)
    I can see where you are coming from and after some additional thought I have to agree with your points.