Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: x-laser.cn

No harm done, but I'm sure everyone here feels the same when they put a lot of time and energy into something and it's put in the same category as those fire hazard in a box companies.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

absolutely. i was hoping the word "legal" implied they were a cut above the typical.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    No harm done, but I'm sure everyone here feels the same when they put a lot of time and energy into something and it's put in the same category as those fire hazard in a box companies.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    ...fire hazard in a box.
    ..What's wrong with a SUPERLUCKY ChappyMeal PJ?? ...I mean, it comes with kitty-pwning AUTO-LOLZ MODE and GummyMounts™?! Such hate!! Some do-seem to be improving, tho, which is good, in any case.. Hopefully, they can juuust get that lil' interlock-thinggy figgured out, and stop them from firing full-power beams on power-off, mkaaay??

Hope u guys (eventually..) bury LW... Hats off to ya...
    cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Here's even more "X" irony. Last Friday night, I had a DJ come in for an event with one of those 4 tunnel red/green units. I saw him setting it up and was going to say something to him about it. (Especially since it was on the floor aimed at the ceiling.) He had to set up in the morning for that evenings event so, I inspected the unit a little more carefully after he left. It was an X-Static Prolight X-4LRGHD. It's from X-Static which is a company in Brooklyn, NY. www.xstaticusa.com

Here is their laser page: http://xstaticusa.com/maincat/4

The cardboard box said nothing about the powers inside the projector but did say Class 3B. It also was fully marked with XStatic's name, address, web site, etc. The standard danger sticker on the projector indicated it was under 5mW and complied with CDRH yadda, yadda... I call bullshit and debated all day about talking with this guy that night about his suspected illegal chinese box but with it being blatently being reported to be made and sold by a company in the US, I just let it go. Technically, I probably should have told him not to use it (since I have that responsibility) but, I didn't feel like dealing with the argument and it would have been hard to convince him since it, by all accounts, "looks" legal. Oh well....

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ...with it being blatently being reported to be made and sold by a company in the US...
    ..well, 'sold', sure, but... 'made'? Hmm, well, consider this, 'testimony', from their site:

We're proud to say that in addition to making us most trusted brand of high end lighting equipment... [..oh, reeealy?.. ] ...our devotion to this process over the pass 25 year has also helped to make the lighting lifestyle what it is today.

..Uh, eeyeah. and I'm Muhammad Ali...

Please take a minute to connect with us on Facebook,Twitter and our Websites so you can be informed of out news,events,and deals. We would love to hear how our product have impacted your life. When purchase anything from us you will recived one of the best products you've ever had.

Mmmmyeah. Try grade-school, again, first.. ...Your Honor, I call 'Chingrish'...

Did you observe the output? if so, do you think it was IIIa? If so, then, que cerá.. But, if you think it was clearly Class IIIb or IV, then... I'd report them all day long.. The FDA is, in-fact, stepping-up enforcement.. It's just not real 'obvious', like those cases we see where some moron gets busted for pointering-planes / heli's etc.. We gotta at least -try- to toss out the garbage, ya?

j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 06-03-2013 at 08:59. Reason: tyPoz

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yeah, and the links to some of their products don't work and, there are no specs listed, etc... And, their link to contact them takes you to a road case manufacturer.

So, it's a case of a US company certainly selling illegal stuff. Like I said, their own shipping box clearly says 3b. The sticker on the laser itself is the same as any Chauvet or American DJ unit though which we know is BS. No way it's under 5mW.

Now, was it "truthfully" a major hazard? Probably not. Divergent as hell and not really brighter than anything from Chauvet/American DJ but nonetheless, you know damn well there is usually more than 5mW coming off those wonderful wobbly steppers.

It's probably pissing in the wind but, yea, I'd be inclined to turn CDRH on to X-Static.

I am also interested in possibly picking up something from them. Hobby purposes only. I've been in talks with them and I can get a 1W analog RGB with 40k scanners for right around $600 shipped to the U.S. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet though

What ?? dude ..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by simplykind View Post
    ...Still haven't pulled the trigger yet though
    Well, then imho, don't... You'll be illegally importing an illegal / unsafe product... Save your $600., 'invest' / grow it till you've got a decent-budget, then Buy a US-made certified / varianced-rig. Anything else is just 'buying trouble', in more ways than one. Or, sure - 'DIY', if it's just for your own, private use.. This place is a treasure-trove of help, along those lines..

j