Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: x-laser.cn

Default x-laser.cn

Hi,

Does anyone have experience buying from this seller?
    They advertise on alibaba with pre-made projectors and parts (galvos, laser diodes + drivers) and im interested in buying from them..i'm just a little carefulll about importing things (i live in the Netherlands)

So if you have any experience with this seller, please share!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

x-laser.cn appears to be an intentional ambiguation of of x-laser.com, an american laser company that resells legal chinese lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by dooiespons View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have experience buying from this seller?
    They advertise on alibaba with pre-made projectors and parts (galvos, laser diodes + drivers) and im interested in buying from them..i'm just a little carefulll about importing things (i live in the Netherlands)

So if you have any experience with this seller, please share!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I have been talking with them as of late and as far as I know it isn't a part of X-Laser US. The projectors housings are not the same as the Varianced X-laser, at least all of the ones they have online and in their product pages... Just 2 different company's using the same name, selling lasers built in China.

US X-Laser is not China Shenzhen X-Laser. They are different company.

By the way, what kind of laser you are looking for?
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    I have been talking with them as of late and as far as I know it isn't a part of X-Laser US. The projectors housings are not the same as the Varianced X-laser, at least all of the ones they have online and in their product pages... Just 2 different company's using the same name, selling lasers built in China.
    No. There is no relation. And double no about your assumptions. X-Laser US projectors are NOT made in China. Yes, there may be (or have been) components that come from China but, last I checked, Baltimore is not in China. I've toured X-Laser and seen their production facilities. Sheet metal, milling, electronics... done in Maryland.

So they are knocking off Chinese projectors and making them here in the USA? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a China Designed Projector.... http://x-laser.us/wp-content/uploads..._SPECSHEET.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    No. There is no relation. And double no about your assumptions. X-Laser US projectors are NOT made in China. Yes, there may be (or have been) components that come from China but, last I checked, Baltimore is not in China. I've toured X-Laser and seen their production facilities. Sheet metal, milling, electronics... done in Maryland.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Well, yes and no. Yes, there are an awful lot of this style of projector coming from China, and that may be where the idea originated but, this is far different internally than what you'd see come over the ocean. As a matter of fact, Dan once told me that this was one of the most challenging ones to design and get varianced.

Hi guys, let me see if I can clear this up a bit.

First and foremost, we have no relationship whatsoever with X-Laser in China. We have never worked with them, in any capacity, and have no plans to. This appears to just be a company trying to trade on our name and cause confusion in the market. Indeed, they have succeeded to some degree because the FDA has been receiving fake variance applications from people using X-Laser China's products. We have our own theories about why exactly this is happening, but I don't want to drill down on that now. For our own part, the only time our paths cross is when a customer calls to complain that their laser broke and realizes that they have a counterfeit.

As for our products, I am sure that this answer is going to be less than totally satisfying because it is fairly general, but since the specifics vary so widely I can't just give a one size fits all answer. We do buy from some great manufacturing partners in China, of course we do. We also buy from the UK, Europe, USA and build our own parts and pieces. In fact, we have bought components, housings, and even ideas from people in a wide variety of countries. What we do is take what already exists and works well, and make it better. If it doesn't exist, we make it. If it doesn't work well, we reimagine it and redevelop it until it does.

The difficulty comes in here when people use words loosely, or when there is a meaningful difference between a colloquial definition and a legal definition of the same word. We have no intention of hiding behind nuance, but when someone says the word "made," what do they actually mean? Is something "made" where the product is designed, where the prototypes are built, where the metal is bent, where the holes are drilled, where the components are attached, where chips are programmed, when the quality assurance is done, etc. What happens if many of those things are all done in different places?

Simply put, it is overly simplistic to the point of being inaccurate to refer to our DJ oriented models as being "Chinese lasers." Do they have parts or use subassemblies from China? Absolutely. We make no secret of that and to be honest it cannot be done any other way. There are really no domestic vendors for many of these parts and for those where there are, the cost is completely absurd. Our goal, our mission, is to make laser technology accessible for everyone who wants to use it. This includes making it affordable while being safe and of a level of quality that will serve our customers well and build our company. Is it the cheapest? Surely not. Is it the absolute "best?" Surely not. But that's exactly the point, there are lots of people building crap (and many of those are located in China giving the 'Chinese laser' term a really negative ring) and there are lots of people building Cadillacs but very few people building lasers in between. We like to say that our products have the lowest possible prices consistent with quality. To accomplish that, we will work with any quality vendor no matter where they are located.

We discriminate based upon quality and reliability, not location. As Brad said, even when we use similar housings for the lesser expensive units, the internals MUST be different to reach the level of quality we require, and is required by the FDA. Even if we were shipped a 100% complete, stickered, QA'ed laser ready for sale - which despite some people's feelings to the contrary is simply impossible - it would still be more than a "Chinese Laser" because we would have specified it to meet our standards from the very beginning, prototyped it, tested it, re-developed it, developed the customer support materials to make it actually implementable, certified it and would stand behind it every single day. Those are the kinds of things one misses when they reduce a cohesive product to a listing of its parts.

I don't think anyone really cares, in most cases, where a product's parts come from or who attached what piece to what other piece. I think what they care about is quality, value, performance and peace of mind. Our job is to deliver those things in the most cost efficient way possible while still being able to do the things that make us an indispensable partner to so many of our clients.

As long as we are consistently accomplishing our goals, being a responsible member of industry and serving our clients faithfully, I can't imagine why the nuance of how and where and to what extent would even matter. X-Laser parts, designs and systems are sourced from all over the world and even made from scratch right in Maryland in many cases as Brad indicated. This is after all, a global economy and we are proud to have navigated our way to success in it.
    Last edited by DanG; 05-31-2013 at 19:52. Reason: Needed to address the XL China problem.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    an american laser company that resells legal chinese lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Just 2 different company's using the same name, selling lasers built in China.
    DAMNIT!

Here we've been, doing metalwork, electronics design/assembly, QA, housing design, all that good stuff, and it turns out that we haven't actually been making laser projectors!!

DAMNIT!

Oh man the guys in the shop are not going to like it when I tell them what we've been doing the last few years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-08-03 15.26.04.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	38516

Name:	2012-08-07 15.07.47.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	38517

Name:	2012-10-10 16.16.43.jpg 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	38518

Name:	325104_10150341874770488_1328862838_o.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	38519

Name:	977999_536749808764_1397945105_o.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	38520

Name:	2013-01-17 17.17.42.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	38521

On the plus side, we can start saving a bunch of money on aluminum.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

cool! i'm glad to see a lot of work being done in the states. certainly in the early days, there was a lot of laserworld inside and outside.

i stand (sit) corrected.

i was exercising my ironic voice (sorry it didn't translate well into ascii). i've had no dealings with x-laser and it was not intended as a slam.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    DAMNIT!

Here we've been, doing metalwork, electronics design/assembly, QA, housing design, all that good stuff, and it turns out that we haven't actually been making laser projectors!!

DAMNIT!

Oh man the guys in the shop are not going to like it when I tell them what we've been doing the last few years.

Name:	2012-08-03 15.26.04.jpg 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	38516

Name:	2012-08-07 15.07.47.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	38517

Name:	2012-10-10 16.16.43.jpg 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	38518

Name:	325104_10150341874770488_1328862838_o.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	38519

Name:	977999_536749808764_1397945105_o.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	38520

Name:	2013-01-17 17.17.42.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	38521

On the plus side, we can start saving a bunch of money on aluminum.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.