Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purchase of a RGB Laser :)

I have self-built all my three RGB projectors and one RGY also. It is NOT so difficult. Absolutely! And please believe me.
    You don't have to think you have to be an electronic engineer for to build a laser projector.

Do you know what the most boring/challenging thing is? To build the case of projector!
    You need only few common tools, a column drill (or a manual drill) and a good electric alternative jigsaw.
    I think you would spend $100-150 for the whole case (fans included and case painted also). The most expansive part is the main optics/modules baseboard (at least aluminium thickness requested is 10 mm).

How to place modules/optics in right way for a good setup? This is NOT a problem. Here (into PL Forum) you can find a lot of pictures about different setups. And then.... all of us can give you the right support and advices.
    You can buy modules and optics needed from authorized resellers or directly from factories (take a look inside Forum...). Even if you have to pay for customs, you surelly save money (to buy a complete projector is more expansive) and then (very important!) you can choose what sort of modules to buy, instead to buy a "locked-setup" projector. Scanners setup also is very important choice to do.

If I was in your shoes... I WOULD DO IT! It is a sexy thing!

This way you will save money and you also learn a lot of thing about lasers!

You try man... TRY!

Steve
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

I would go with Picasso's suggestion. Build your next one and modify the first. Next you need to get yourself LSX and an Etherdream DAC.

Edited: To Add, go with the 637! I have a 635nm multimode flashlight at with similar specs to the 650nm flashlights in the others...

I wouldn't mind picking up one of the pre-fabs myself just for home use (I probably would go goldstar, just because I like winni's price lists )

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 05-26-2013 at 15:09.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Goldenstar sells some prefab cases (other manufacturers as well but I don't really remember any) so that would solve that

(And what sugeek said :P)

I am in desperate need of one at the moment BUT YES I am very keen to build my next one. I have the case of the Laserworld Pro series still so I could work with that I guess.

Could you guys send me a link of where I can find info on what is needed to build a laser projector?

Do any of you have any other laser company suggestions with a $2500 budget?

Thanks again guys

Hi,

Yeah, it is difficult for you to choose which one is good and reliable. Laser price and quality depends on laser diode and scanners, what is more , good alignment and good structure and good cooling system is also very important. In China, laser-wave and CNI is big manufacturer of laser diode with good reputation in PL,but it seems more and more people order laser-wave OEM modules.

If you use the laser for beam show, you can consider 635 red ,option 4 [/COLOR]is very bright and very fantastic Colors. I just sold one to Germany last week, my customer got it yesterday and tested it, he is very happy and going to order another one. This laser is with 1W/635 G500 B1000, red is from lasever, blue and green is from laserwave, we also assemble with laserwave dichro mirror, which is very high quality, just a little power loose in optic.

If you use the laser maily in graphic show, I think N-RGB1800 is the best option, laser-wave laser beam is very sharp and clear, it is very good in graphic show, color mix very well which is some laser diode manufacturers can't do.

For scanners, DT scanner is consider the best in China. If you want to project beam show, you can consider DT40 wide, we can set up in 90 degree for you,very big angle,but 90 degree is around 20K, not 40K. For graphic show, DT40pro is good. For common use, DT30 is cheap and good.

We have some orders in N-RGB3000 and N-RGB1500, if you want to see real effect, we can show you by webcam.

By the way, B-RGB2500 can be used the same case as N-RGB1800. If you care brightness, B-RGB2500 is brighter than N-RGB1800.

If you need any suggestion or help,please contact us. Our e-mail is:

mimi@goldenstarlaser.com
    Or

winni@goldentarlaser.com

Quote Originally Posted by rmarchesini View Post
    Hi guys

I am very new to the Laser industry and I have had a couple of lasers before which have been the following: Laserworld Pro-700RGB, Laserworld CS-2000RGB and a couple of Lanling laser ranging from what was said to be 250mw to 1W which I know isn't true. Now I have read as much as I possibly can regarding which lasers to purchase, I know that my above purchases were terrible but I am from Cape Town, South Africa and it was very difficult to import lasers back then. So please forgive me for my previous purchases and please don't judge me on them ! I have certainly learn't from my mistakes.

Now onto my question which I hope you guys can help me out with. I am looking for an RGB laser preferably with Analog modulation to purchase within the price range of $1500-$2500. I know this is not a lot of money but I have found some options and I would appreciate it if you guys could help me with my decision.

Option 1: Laserworld CS-4000RGB (Even though I now it's only really 3W) (+- $2900)

Option 2: Topic Light IMAX 1.98W (+- $2000) - with a 637nm laser

Option 3: Topic Light XTRA 3.5W on special for (+- $2200) - with a 650nm laser

Option 4: Goldenstar B-RGB2500 (+- $1485)

Option 5: Goldenstar N-RGB1800 (+- $1700)

This is all the information I have acquired so far. I have looked at other "reputible" brands but they are too expensive. Please make suggestions, tell me if you have other options for me to research.

You guys really seem like you know what you're talking about and I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks

635 is a flashlight. 637 would be better and you'd need less of it.

To echo Mimi, consider the scan angle that you expect when choosing the scanners. The DT30's, while fine scanners, have a pretty narrow scan angle. Unless you are in a long venue with projector placement as far back as possible, you'll end up with a pretty tight spread for a beam show.

Thank you mimi and iczerjones. Which scanners would you suggest?

I would want a scanner that is wider rather than narrower but what would be the difference between DT40 pro and DT40 wide?

If I was looking at other makes of laser what specifications would I be looking for?

Thanks again

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm just chiming in to give you a thumbs up on Goldenstar as well as DT40wides. Stupid wide scan angles for beam shows.

Thats sounds great Brad I am struggling to find a guide of how to build a laser projector. I have very limited knowledge in this area and if I were to build one I'd probably need ALOT of help from you guys lol :P but do you know of any resource that gives a simple breakdown of the required components within a laser module and how one would go about "putting" the pieces together?