Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purchase of a RGB Laser :)

Default Purchase of a RGB Laser :)

Hi guys

I am very new to the Laser industry and I have had a couple of lasers before which have been the following: Laserworld Pro-700RGB, Laserworld CS-2000RGB and a couple of Lanling laser ranging from what was said to be 250mw to 1W which I know isn't true. Now I have read as much as I possibly can regarding which lasers to purchase, I know that my above purchases were terrible but I am from Cape Town, South Africa and it was very difficult to import lasers back then. So please forgive me for my previous purchases and please don't judge me on them ! I have certainly learn't from my mistakes.

Now onto my question which I hope you guys can help me out with. I am looking for an RGB laser preferably with Analog modulation to purchase within the price range of $1500-$2500. I know this is not a lot of money but I have found some options and I would appreciate it if you guys could help me with my decision.

Option 1: Laserworld CS-4000RGB (Even though I now it's only really 3W) (+- $2900)

Option 2: Topic Light IMAX 1.98W (+- $2000) - with a 637nm laser

Option 3: Topic Light XTRA 3.5W on special for (+- $2200) - with a 650nm laser

Option 4: Goldenstar B-RGB2500 (+- $1485)

Option 5: Goldenstar N-RGB1800 (+- $1700)

This is all the information I have acquired so far. I have looked at other "reputible" brands but they are too expensive. Please make suggestions, tell me if you have other options for me to research.

You guys really seem like you know what you're talking about and I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks

Hi rmarchesini,
    Choose us, believe in yourself.

IMAX 1.98W RGB: 637nm Red 480mW + 532nm Green 500mW + 445nm Blue 1W, ILDA-30K.
    XTRA 3.5W RGB: 650nm Red 1300mW + 532nm Green 1000mW + 445nm Blue 1W, ILDA-40K.
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Laserworld have a reputation on here for allegedly not making anywhere near their stated powers, even allegedly the lower quoted ones in some instances!

If you could, please fill out your profile a bit as to location and welcome to the forums! None of these are compliant if you're in the US, and thus, illegal to use in public if that's your aim. You may want to dig around a bit as there is a huge difference in 650 vs 637; it's not just about raw output power. That said, don't even bother with Laserworld. I have a friend who bought one despite me telling him not to and now he has a $2300 doorstop. They are just as bad as everyone says.

Okay great I will keep doing some research regarding the 637nm diodes. Laserworld I know have a bad reputation especially on this forum they will probably be my laser resort. I will fill out my profile a bit more so you guys have a better idea of me ....thanks guys so far.

Hopefully some other peeps can put their input too. I live in South Africa and yes I will be using it in public. What do I look for in terms of legality?

You'll have to research laser laws in your country as to that. I can take a wild guess and say that SA is probably not nearly as strict as the US. I believe a few other members are also in South Africa, though I can't remember whom. Maybe some of them will see this thread and can better answer that question. Poke around in the forums, ask questions. There's many very knowledgable people here willing to help you out!

Here is one of threads about the 637 and the 650.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-amp-650nm-Red.

I hope this can help you.
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

I'd go with Goldenstar or Lightspace/eightonlight.cn

Build it yourself. Much more fun.

I would love yo build my own but I've done some calculations and things add up way more quickly than I thought I have never built one before. Thanks, Lightspace look very professional. Picasso have you bought from them before? I have done some research regarding laser laws but in all honesty I cant seem to find much. It is either very outdated that it doesn't warrant anything or they are referring to other laser types (medical etc.). So I could pretty much get any laser out there but obviously I would stick as closely as possible to the US standards as they are really good in a sense.

Thanks for your input LEDpaint I will keep researching and finding out as much as I can. I will post anything I can find.

Back to the lasers, does anyone else have any other suggestions? Would someone be willing to build something for this price range?

All in all I am really looking for a laser that will actually last and by that I mean something thats stays bright for its intended use. I keep finding that with the lasers that I purchase the green diode always becomes dull first and then the red. Is this normal or is it always because I have bought cheaply in the past?

I mean I wouldn't have even reached the 500 hour mark and the green will be so faint that it is almost unnoticeable.

Thanks again guys for your input. Everything is helping a lot !!