Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ILD file implementation specifications Q&A

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Since Avi is talking about creating frames for use in QuickShow maybe someone with Pangolin/QuickShow experience should chime in on what are the best practices for that software.

Quickshow is a closed format. Its hard to tell what its doing, even for a operator.

I suspect the OP is sparse on points and only defining corners and ends, and that is why He's having problems, either that or he's missing data in the files.

iF HE goes to the files section, searches for posts from me from November of last year and later, and includes the words postcardware, he'll find some simple animation samples to examine. If he wants to crack em open, he can.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

[QUOTE=james;261335]Both of the galvos are locked together in time. So either one or the other will have to decelerate to a stop before ripping off in another direction. Quote]

Just so no one thinks the galvos come to instant rest at every point, I'll add:

Very true for corners, but for small simple changes or continuing motion they stay moving. If you watch on a scope, the servo loop actually opens up on smooth linear motion. What I mean by that is very little action is taken by the electronics unless the shaft position deviates from the commanded action.

Steve

I scanned in a few pages of the 1993 ILDA Glossary to aid in the discussion. ILDA once had enough active volunteer members to create a huge Glossary of terms and definitions. Posted under the educational use clause. en

In 1993, distributing a PDF of the standard was just a dream.... That was the first year Adobe released the PDF standard. So in this thread we have a programmer trying to implement a standard, essentially blind and mute.
    He does not have all the docs, and he does not have the terminology used.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ShortGlossary.pdf  

Last edited by mixedgas; 06-01-2013 at 05:36.

Well......... He does have three different active programmers posting in this thread who have all created applications that implement everything possible to do with the ILDA file format plus working examples of applications that open, create, manipulate, display and save all version of the ILDA file format.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Quickshow is a closed format. Its hard to tell what its doing, even for a operator.

I suspect the OP is sparse on points and only defining corners and ends, and that is why He's having problems, either that or he's missing data in the files.

iF HE goes to the files section, searches for posts from me from November of last year and later, and includes the words postcardware, he'll find some simple animation samples to examine. If he wants to crack em open, he can.

Steve
    That's not what I meant! I meant why doesn't someone with experience with creating "Artwork" (frames) for QuickShow chime in. What is the best way to lay out points or whatever? Having never used it before I don't have any experience there.... maybe that would clue Avi in on what the best practices are. Does he need to put alot of work into optimization or can he just lay out some spare polygons and forget the details..

Read the scanned document, some interesting stuff. By the way page 25 and 10 were repeated.

As for quickshow usage (that is what i have installed on my computer), It should also be compatible with quickshow and LSX (the person with the projector)
    Last edited by Avi; 06-02-2013 at 07:02.