Thread: HOW IS IT DONE!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wired Connections.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	38485

Here is the sequence
    Photonlexicon FTP Server.

Im confused there is 14 pin notes in the fb3qs but only 8 RJ45 SOCKET wires any ideas????

Try contacting Insanity from on here as he uses Cat 5 with his set up from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Try contacting Insanity from on here as he uses Cat 5 with his set up from memory.
    I use a CAT5 to carry Ethernet and eStop signals to a stage rack of QM2000.Net's.

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    Im confused there is 14 pin notes in the fb3qs but only 8 RJ45 SOCKET wires any ideas????
    I think this will be fine for single colour lasers with an independent eStop circuit, 4 pins for scanners, 2 pins for colour mod and one for GND. But if you want full colour, you will need 2 x CAT5 cable to accommodate the extra pins... You might also find that you can run more than 100Mtrs of CAT5, the 100Mtr limitation is the maximum distance you can carry Ethernet signals and in this configuration, the CAT 5 is not carrying Ethernet....

Mark

Haven't read the replies so sorry if I'm repeating, but with pangolin either fb3 or qm you can have two seperate controllers running seperate projectors but have them doing exactly the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    Hi all,
    I saw a laser show last week on you tube and he had 2 lasers in sync but one laser was on one roof top and the other was on another unless he had a really long fricken ILDA cable or a wireless remote system.
    I really don't know how its done. Can someone please let me know how to do this effect and what I need to buy to do it....
    Cheers
    Tony
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Insanity do you know the number sequence needed for it to work....

Assuming you have green only projectors, you would use the following pins on the DB25:

Pin 1 - X+
    Pin 2 - X-
    Pin 3 - Intensity +
    Pin 14 - X-
    Pin 15 - Y-
    Pin 16 - Intensity -
    Pin 25 - GND

Connect these to 7 of the 8 pins on the Ethernet connector. The order on the Ethernet connector doesn't really matter, so long as you take note of that order. Do the same for both DB25 to Ethernet connectors and connect them together with an Ethernet cable wired straight through (Not crossover). You can check this by making sure the order of the wires in the Ethernet cable are the same at both ends...

Some people use Pin 6 and 19 (Green + and -) instead of intensity. I can't remember the reasoning behind this, but I'm sure someone else will chime in... If you are connecting RGB's, you would need two Ethernet cables to cover the extra colour channels, but the principle is the same...

Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Assuming you have green only projectors, you would use the following pins on the DB25:

Pin 1 - X+
    Pin 2 - X-
    Pin 3 - Intensity +
    Pin 14 - X-
    Pin 15 - Y-
    Pin 16 - Intensity -
    Pin 25 - GND

If you are connecting RGB's, you would need two Ethernet cables to cover the extra colour channels, but the principle is the same...
    I don't understand what you mean with this quote sorry. 2????

If I am understanding you correctly, you are wanting to connect a DAC (FB3/QM2000) to a laser projector over a long distance... You have bought a pair of CAT5 to DB25 adaptors off eBay and you need to know how to connect the pins of the DB25 to the CAT5 (Ethernet) socket on these adaptors...

So what I have given you is a list of pins on your DB25 that need to be connected (http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las.../Pinouts9.html)... You can see which pin is which on the connector from the photo you posted...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db25_yost_dte.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	38486

As an RGB laser would need a minimum of 11 pins connecting, you would need to use two CAT5 cables and the connectors in the above diagram would be no good... In that case, you would either need to build your own adaptor using a project box, DB25 and two CAT5 sockets at each end, or save yourself the headache and get one of these: http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/ilda-...ptor-347-p.asp

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ILDA-to-UTP-...#ht_421wt_1399
    I would buy stanwax but hes out of stock... Then the guy selling these connectors on ebay claiming they do RGB is lying, because there arnt enough wires to do RGB is that correct... So what is the $32 for ???