Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: HOW IS IT DONE!!!!

I can't help but think 'square peg, round hole' when I read this thread. I mean no disrespect, but I would hope that anyone in a position to run their equipment 100s of meters from their computer would be operating at a professional level, and would have the appropriate tools for the job.

Hi everyone.

I was having a mare with this and didn't want to pay a fortune for qm.net just cause I was lazy and couldn't be bothered running cables but I had a brain wave.

Setup a wired wireless or ad hoc network and Remote Desktop to another computer somewhere else.

Well tried it and obviously came up against a problem with running midi over the Remote Desktop network.

I found a solution using midi over LAN software and team viewer 8 (both free program's)

Tested today and works a treat my friends on all of the above network configs. The team viewer part even works over a wifi Internet connection so I could be in a different country and control my lasers hahaha.

See my other thread for more info as I will be putting up a tutorial soon
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-midi-over-lan

Thanks
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    I can't help but think 'square peg, round hole' when I read this thread. I mean no disrespect, but I would hope that anyone in a position to run their equipment 100s of meters from their computer would be operating at a professional level, and would have the appropriate tools for the job.
    I use a rack containing 3 x QM2000.Net, one of which is a pro. There is also DMX Merge, DMX Splitter and 8 port Ethernet Switch in there. All this is patched internally and allows one proper heavy duty CAT5 to carry Ethernet signals and eStop from front of house. At FOH I use LivePRO and a Pangolin Performer desk with added Korg NanoKontrol... Then 3 DB25's from stage to projectors, all carrying the signals from the QM2000's, eStop and DMX...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	319364_10151276011223916_479598581_n.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	38525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0242.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	38526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020113.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	323.6 KB 
ID:	38527
    Last edited by Insanity; 06-01-2013 at 14:40.

Hi Colourmirrorball
    X+, X-, Y+, Y-, R, G, B and Gnd makes 7 pins so that would still be possible. You'd need a solution for the safety switch though.

So you think this is the sequence
    pin 1- X+
    pin 2- Y+
    Pin 5- Red
    pin 6- Green
    pin 7- Blue
    pin 14- X-
    pin 15- Y-
    pin 25 Ground

Ill try this one out.....

I did receive this message though thanks for the heads up...

Hi Tony
    Here is the deal… You can use these, but they suck.

I've personally used them many times, in "hope" that they would work reliably. And they do, for a few times, but then they fail.

Also, you risk destroying your FB3QS using these, as they do no properly send the voltage through the cables, and this "could" hard both your FB3QS or your projector.

So my advise, DO NOT use it.

Wait for Pangolins next development, which is coming soon in November : ) which will solve this problem

Yahooo
    Last edited by tony220171; 06-01-2013 at 15:24. Reason: forgot ground
    Photonlexicon FTP Server.

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    Hi Colourmirrorball
    X+, X-, Y+, Y-, R, G, B and Gnd makes 7 pins so that would still be possible. You'd need a solution for the safety switch though.

So you think this is the sequence
    pin 1- X+
    pin 2- Y+
    Pin 5- Red
    pin 6- Green
    pin 7- Blue
    pin 14- X-
    pin 15- Y-
    pin 25 Ground

Ill try this one out.....

I did receive this message though thanks for the heads up...

Hi Tony
    Here is the deal… You can use these, but they suck.

I've personally used them many times, in "hope" that they would work reliably. And they do, for a few times, but then they fail.

Also, you risk destroying your FB3QS using these, as they do no properly send the voltage through the cables, and this "could" hard both your FB3QS or your projector.

So my advise, DO NOT use it.

Wait for Pangolins next development, which is coming soon in November : ) which will solve this problem

Yahooo

This seems odd cause I connected an f2000 which only had an rj45 in or out in place of ilda 25 pin up to an fb3 and had no problem kabout 5 years ago without any problem. I asked the question on here but can't find the thread and was given a solution and schematic for wiring within seconds? Am I missing something here???
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default If you must.....

L-Com at L-Com.com sells stock DB25 breakouts for 12$ each.
    part numbers DGB25MT1 and DGB25FT.

Even if you have to redo the hookup at every gig, that's better then a RJ45, which is designed for high energy pulsed signals that couple better across noisy connectors.

In a club environment with ground loops, this will be problematic as the RGB is sent with 0-5V single ended, and the images are going across noise canceling differential signaling.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...