Thread: Unicorn 6600 from LigthSpace?

Question Unicorn 6600 from LigthSpace?

Does anybody seen this model in action? I'm considering it because it sounds like very attractive for it's price:
    • R635nm>1600mw, G532nm>2000mw, B445nm>3000mw
    • ILDA-40Kpps,+/-25 degree
    • Modulation : >50KHz Analog
    • Beam diameter: 3-4mm
    • Beam divergence: 0.8-1.2mrad

I'm not sure how it's usable for the graphics because have no experience with their PT40 scanner set and would be nice to hear some impressions if anybody tried that? I am looking for touring set of projectors, both inside and outside venues, animations for corporate events are very important part of my job. Sugestions and comments are welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Lightbulb

..I'd check with Napoleon. jk..

.02: a) that's too-little Red, for that much Blue, and *especially* that much Green, b) 'Chisers' at 635 are notorious for delivering 'firehose beams' / 'blooming' around the other colors.. You'll be better-off looking for a sys with 637 or 640 or even 642 Red - especially if you're saying 'corporate logos are important' - nothing will put a sour-look on a CEO's face, like seeing his 'all Red logo' looking like an 80-year-old hookers' lipstick..

c) Most-importantly, not sure if you're in the US, but, if you are, sorry - Cannot and do-not recommend any units that are not US-certified and Legal for use / doing shows, in public, and 99.9% of the 'Chijectors' out there, *are* illegal - the number of actually, truly-Certified Chijectors is very-small. Depending on your budget / system-goals / ratio of graphics-shows to aerial-shows, check with X-Laser (the US-company ONLY..) or CT Lasers... also, you will need an FDA Variance, before you buy / take-delivery on any system for 'pro (commercial)-shows'... Read this: http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/in...dies_in_the_US -

Start here, read it all: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Medical.../UCM119257.pdf ..then see This - http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/index.php?title=CDRH - This, if you are in TX, and especially AZ or NY: http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/in...te_Regulations - And - ABOVE ALL, if you plan on doing *anything* Outdoors, you must-comply with all FAA-regs /reporting: http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAA

..If yer in the UK / elsewhere, then disregard everything I just-wrote.. (at least about the US-Regs.. there are still a healthy-set of Regs to comply-with, in the UK.. http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/in...Regs_in_the_UK ) If in the UK / Eurolandia, You might wanna check with 'Stanwax Lasers', a well-reknowned Co over that side of the lake..

Hope that helps, and please give our regards to the Unicorn.
    cheers..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 06-03-2013 at 11:22.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks! I was thinking about that 635 and have doubt because some people claim it should produce bright white. However, I believe 637 is much better for the graphics. BTW, I'm from Europe, Serbia and we don't have strict regulations but I know verry well for that issues. Till now, I worked with very good Kvant projectors but this time a budget is limited. :/

If you want to choose Chinese projector, Goldstar maybe one of your choose, search "Goldstar" you will got many review here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasermaster View Post
    Thanks! I was thinking about that 635 and have doubt because some people claim it should produce bright white. However, I believe 637 is much better for the graphics. BTW, I'm from Europe, Serbia and we don't have strict regulations but I know verry well for that issues. Till now, I worked with very good Kvant projectors but this time a budget is limited. :/
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    nothing will put a sour-look on a CEO's face, like seeing his 'all Red logo' looking like an 80-year-old hookers' lipstick..
    PMSL @jon :- Dude. You have such an amazing turn of phrase!
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Have not seen PT-40's in person, but judging from the PT-20's and 30's, for graphics you might want something a bit better. Consider DT40's or even DT30's if you don't mind a bit of flicker for the more complex stuff, they are just as accurate, but just not quite as fast.

I definitely second the need for a good red. 637nm or 640nm are typically nice and tight but expensive. Even a corrected cylindrical lens or prism corrected 638nm works ok on the cheap, but 635nm / 650nm typically look bad even for beams only, and pretty much unusable for graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermaster View Post
    ...BTW, I'm from Europe, Serbia...
    ..In that case, http://www.stanwax.co.uk/ ...he'll take good care of ya.. ..and, yeah - if you're used to Kvant-quality and performance, Iiii'd venture to say you'd prolly be sorely-disappointed with a "Unicorn." (..besides, those 'horns' are usually only good for one thing, and it ain't shootin' lasers...

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    PMSL @jon :- Dude.....
    ..Of course, I haven't the *slightest* idea of what something like that might actually look-like..

cheers, Chewie..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thanks folks! In the meantime, I got better prices from Goldenstar and will consider their RGBs with 637nm...

I still like LigthSpace over Goldenstar. (omar)LigthSpace, produces the blue and reds in house. Have done a few orders now from both company's. Better case and build, I've yet to see Goldenstar use heatsink compound on the builds i got from them.

If corporate events are going to be your thing you might as well skip the china scanners and go with cambridge galvos or eyemagic. I'd go lowest price Unicorn, with the idea to upgrade down the line. And always buy the flight case when ordering from china. hard to beat the price those guys charge for them and it makes a good hard shell for the shipping.