Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .NET box solution needed

Default .NET box solution needed

Anyone have a solution for a .NET box that mega bass keeps disconnecting? I'm about 20' away from six 21" Funktion One subs.... I've tried putting the .NET box on foam and it still disconnects on occasion.

Too much bass and it causes disconnects. Tried all kinds of different network cables, but no luck. I ended up moving the .NET box to a different projector farther away and swapping it for a FB3 and no problems on either end now, but I like using Beyond for live control.

And ya, I did email Bill long ago about this issue a couple of times, but he never replied.

What disconnects?

The cat5/6 cable or something more serious internally?
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

sounds like the problem is with the sound pressure level, not the network connection,
    watch out for your hearing! is more important!

19 yrs in this biz, and my eyesight is perfect!, but my hearing is shot!
    Last edited by carlos3621; 06-05-2013 at 20:14.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

It's the Ethernet cable disconnecting. The bass keep vibrating it and it disconnects.

My hearing sucks too....

Have you pulled the box apart?

It would be worth popping the lid off and checking the ribbon that links the network board to the qm is properly seated. as with the network module.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

The box is now 100' from where I used to have it controlling a different projector now and it works perfectly.

Before when it was close to the DJ booth and subs, it would only disconnect when they got carried away with sound. It "could" be something internal, but I'm almost positive it's the network cable vibrating and losing connection. Unplugging the network cable and re-plugging it back in solves the problem....until it does it again. Of course when it does that, everything stops and I have to start all over. Not good right in the middle of a show!

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    The box is now 100' from where I used to have it controlling a different projector now and it works perfectly.

Before when it was close to the DJ booth and subs, it would only disconnect when they got carried away with sound. It "could" be something internal, but I'm almost positive it's the network cable vibrating and losing connection. Unplugging the network cable and re-plugging it back in solves the problem....until it does it again. Of course when it does that, everything stops and I have to start all over. Not good right in the middle of a show!
    Have you touched the solder joints on the connector with a iron, sounds like a cold or cracked solder joint.
    leading in trailing technology

Replace the ethernet connection for Neutric EtherCon connector...

It's quite expensive but it's a much tougher connector and also locks properly, so will solve the problem!
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    Replace the ethernet connection for Neutric EtherCon connector...

It's quite expensive but it's a much tougher connector and also locks properly, so will solve the problem!
    Just what I was going to say! A locking connector is probably the way to go.

Just tell the DJ, 'Look at the lights on the mixer, red is bad'