Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noob Help - Software for Laser

Red face Noob Help - Software for Laser

Hi All,

I recently purchased a laser for its ability to allow for custom graphics and animations. Unfortunately the SD memory card that came with it was supposed to have the laser editing software and example files and the SD card was corrupted. I contacted the manufacturer, but have heard no response.

Does anyone recognize what type of laser this is, and which software it requires to create custom graphics and animations?

I am a complete noob, and was hoping this would be a fun project for my office, but I can't find info online.

Here is the laser I purchased: http://www.chinavasion.com/china/who...m_Annimations/

The Product code: CVGF-LT49-2GEN

Any help on how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil

Can you return for full refund? It looks like junk to me..PM coming

No can do, I have to make this work some how.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

What do you want to display? If it's one or two frames I can hook you up.
    Meanwhile, look on the FTP server. There's a thread somewhere that tells you how to log in. There are tons of ilda frames and some freeware apps.

Thanks Colouredmirrorball!

I am trying to make an animated logo for the company I work for.

I guess I am still super noob, just trying to figure out how to even use this laser, do you know how it works? Do I put a file on the SD card and then it should play on my laser? What type of file do you think this laser supports? There was no support for it on the manufacturers site.

Sorry for being so inexperienced on this. I'll check out the FTP and fool around.

BMP2ILDA is a small but nice litte program. It will help you make an ILDA file from the logo. Just remember to save the logofile in BMP format.
    Give it a try, a litte fiddelig around, an you will be able to make a logo with a reasonable amout of points.

If there have been anything on the SD card at all, then google hirensbootcd. There is a lot of different apps there that might be able to help you restore data.

Thanks Datsurb!

I was able to find some poorly written instructions. They mention 2 types of files, CTN and LST, do you know what type of files those are?

Here is the manual for this laser: http://download.chinavasion.com/down...-LT49-2GEN.pdf

I have a feeling that this laser is a POS, but I need to get something working. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Phil
    Last edited by Philter; 06-18-2013 at 09:50.

I found info via Pl search using 'SD Card' and 'Spencers'.

hopefully you can find a member who may load your LOGO and more to a sd card for you--

I hope other SD projectors are better and that loading a show is easier I will know more once one arrives (about 10 days to wait)

len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 06-26-2013 at 10:11.

Sorry for late response. I had a look at the fileformats for my laser with SD, but is uses a different system. I then dont know what your fileformat means.

Did you find this thread?

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...from-Spencer-s

I don't know what projector you have but this might help.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.