Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Unprecedented Special Offer- Pluto II RGB lasers***

Whilst I encourage good healthy discussions on laser safety, I think the best option here would be for you to attend a laser display safety training course.

James' course is highly regarded and recommended: http://www.lvrlimited.com/display.php
    The cost is very reasonable considering the quality of the content and support provided.

Also please note that you will need to make additional hardware changes to your projector. Currently the Pluto II series do not feature the "reset/start" button safety feature (this is a safety feature that means you can't just turn the power on and get beams - You must physically press the "start" button) so you will need to implement this before you think about audience scanning.
    Essentially as audience scanning is the most risky thing you can do, you need to make sure EVERYTHING is up to spec (including your documents, liability insurance, projectors, cables, stands, safety cables, etc.).

Cheers,
    John

Unhappy No more green light !!

Hi there, I bought 2 Pluto last summer, and they have only been used 5-6 times now.
    Maybe total use of 10-15 hours, and one of my units have no more green !!!

I notice this when I was at the club to replace my PC controller, and because it was late I had no time to open it up to do a check.
    But the same ILDA cable is going into one laser and out to the next one that is working, so there should be no problem with the signal input !

I think it`s bad that already one laser is dead after only some hours of usage is there a known problem with the green ?

Didn,t you post a thread not so long ago how incredible good value for money they where? If you miss out on the next gig because its in china for repair its suddely seems not such a good investment anymore........

Green dpss from china are known for bad drivers and i expect that,s the cause. All chinese green dpps have bad designed drivers and that is the problem but then again the projector was cheap so i guess you get what you pay for.....

If its the driver then i would replace it for a Pico driver that would not only solve the problem but also you have perfect modulation and its a heat and cool driver

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Didn,t you post a thread not so long ago how incredible good value for money they where? If you miss out on the next gig because its in china for repair its suddely seems not such a good investment anymore........

Green dpss from china are known for bad drivers and i expect that,s the cause. All chinese green dpps have bad designed drivers and that is the problem but then again the projector was cheap so i guess you get what you pay for.....

If its the driver then i would replace it for a Pico driver that would not only solve the problem but also you have perfect modulation and its a heat and cool driver

Well, It was not a expensive laser indeed, and I still think it`s a good laser for that price!
    It`s decent made, and inside everything is very professional done.

But yes cheap electronic can fail. But I have bought many lasers form China the last 10-14 years, and usually they dont fail after this short time.
    So I would guess this is a faulty unit, or a assembly trouble with the green dpps batch they got.

I hope I can get a new to replace so I can send mine back and they can figure out the problem, if not (like we talked about) the green lasers is so cheap that it would be no problem for be to buy a new green and replace it.
    I still recommend this deal anyway, and will for sure buy 1 or more again later I dont blame them for a faulty laser, as I did not think that is something they want to happen anyway.
    Just hope for a solution :-)

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I lost a green after a very short time on one of my Plutos and Lightspace was fantastic on getting it replaced. It was quick and a very easy pre-wired swap. I've not a had a problem since. Contact Omar and I'm certain you can get it resolved quickly.

Shame to read of the failing greens , I guess it was the CNI DPSS ones that was mentioned earlier in thread , I have zero respect for CNI 532nm , when I was dealing in them they had 50% plus fail rate for me
    Im guessing these are now 520nm models which are more reliable ?
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

I bought 6x MGL-H 500mW heads with the small driver some years ago now. One arrived with a fan that had come apart internally, which was easily fixed.
    I sold 2 on, and out of the 4 I kept, all are still running fine. One has gone TEM10 which is an easy fix once I get around to opening it up and tweaking the optics. At silly cheap money per unit, I really have no complaints.

Over the years, the Laserwave heads have caused more grief, although I'm hoping the new OEM-V-SS will be good now I've got a decent working pair. Time will tell.

As I asked before on another thread, what is a realistic alternative to LW or CNI where DPSS is concerned? Viasho have had their share of well documented issues in the past too, as have Lasever.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Got the 2014 Christmas Great Offer list proved already, drop us an email if you would like to have it sooner!

Thank you!

Omar ----- info@eightonlight.cn

new LS-RGB-700

with Red637nm 170mw, G520nm 120mw, B445nm 500mw, PT-30K

Please feel free to contact us for details, thank you!

Omar ----- info@eightonlight.cn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS-FRONT.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	45205
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS-BACK.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	45206

Dear friends,

Would you like to have a simply survey here, to get some idea for the new laser projectors?

1.Only use ILDA control, I don't like to have DMX on my laser projectors

2. Both ILDA and DMX are important to me.

3.I dont care.

Thanks!

Omar