Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED WAV to ILDA CONVERTER.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    ohhh that's tasty. I got a bunch of stuff on adat I can dump and use. Reallll old fm stuff that's still really nice.
    Wow you got that conversion from svhs fm to ADAT done quick. Please post some video I'm sure we'd all be interested in the old art style.
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Yes indeedy. I take a lot of inspiration from the style of old shows.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Wow you got that conversion from svhs fm to ADAT done quick. Please post some video I'm sure we'd all be interested in the old art style.

nope just a few that were done for me a long time ago. I guess since I bought the library I COULD MAKE THEM PUBLIC BUT I'D HAVE TO ASK KARL FIRST. The other ones I sold to mixedgas so they aren't mine anymore. The ones he has are beta, 1/2", and other challenging formats.

I guess the only problem with LCADAT is that you can't use your conversion with any other software or DACs. Thus the community's need for something better, I suppose. It won't be long now.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    I guess the only problem with LCADAT is that you can't use your conversion with any other software or DACs. Thus the community's need for something better, I suppose. It won't be long now.
    Lcadat does export ilda frames.

Thus the community's need for something better, I suppose.
    You're coming out with an ilda format that works?

polished, if that's right, very good.

One still needs a pango device to make it work. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there are many users out there with other DACs.

DZ, format 4,5 works, on a data level there is very little difference from that and adat/wav and adat can work as a playback medium for everything. There is even award winning laser show software (digisynth) that uses basically an adat output as a DAC.

More options the better. No doubt about it.

polished, if that's right, very good.

One still needs a pango device to make it work. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there are many users out there with other DACs.

DZ, format 4,5 works, on a data level there is very little difference from that and adat/wav and adat can work as a playback medium for everything. There is even award winning laser show software (digisynth) that uses basically an adat output as a DAC.

but there are many users out there with other DACs.
    I have only three points:

1. The words "many users" is a relative term. According to Photon Lexicon statistics, there are around 600 "active users". Even if every single one of these used something other than Pangolin, there are single days in which we've shipped more than 400 QuickShow systems. It's not only folks on Photon Lexicon who are important

2. For anyone who would ever want or need such an ADAT conversion function, we've had it for literally ten years, and it was included free with all versions of our LD2000 software.

3. I actually put special features in the QM2000 software to support things originally recorded on ADAT. Even if a third party program comes out that allows for the conversion of ADAT into ILDA frames, I have to wonder how these will look when played back on anything other than a simple memory player, and even some memory players have long and variable gaps between frames.

Thus, the presence of conversion software alone will not guarantee that "many people" will be able to enjoy the converted results, or that those results will be indistinguishable from the original ADAT material or maintain the same timing...

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 12-03-2013 at 00:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post

I have to wonder how these will look when played back on anything other than a simple memory player, and even some memory players have long and variable gaps

Bill
    What is a simple memory player? Thanks