Thread: Freezer repair help?

Default Freezer repair help?

Came home from vacation to find a puddle on floor all the ice in my freezer had melted and the food was all soggy. The fridge side appears cool still. Freezer is about the fridge temp I'd say.

Anyhow anyone have any idea what I wanna go after here? Guessing the defrost isn't working. Any idea on where to look for the timer? I didn't see a slot blade anywhere on this frididaire side by side.

The compressor fan had failed a few weeks back replacing it had everything working great for a couple weeks. Grrr. Cost of fridge and spoiled food no fun. Help save me from spending SELEM monies

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	39095
    leading in trailing technology

defrost timer could be anywhere, in my fridge at home it's in the ceiling of the refrigerator side. Sometimes they're in the back of the unit.

Also check continuity on the defrost heater, it may have gone open circuit

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMaster View Post
    defrost timer could be anywhere, in my fridge at home it's in the ceiling of the refrigerator side. Sometimes they're in the back of the unit.

Also check continuity on the defrost heater, it may have gone open circuit

Just got done checking the coil. It is 28ohms so it appears fine.

Thinking ill have to pull the fridge freezer controls apart that are on the fridge side and look there.
    leading in trailing technology

I had the exact same problem in the exact same circumstances

The water coming out of the assembly accumulated under the fins due to a bit of dust, spider or small bit of something stuck in the exhaust tube which is partly bent flat in order to avoid leaking too much cold air, and as it defrost it accumulated a bit before defrost was over and made an ice cap under the device.. it then began cycling eventually, and ice invaded everything

Once that done and everything defrost and dried, no more problem

This is useful though, as I almost forgot it and need to check the thing before leaving for 2 weeks