Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N-RGB3000 from Goldenstarlaser

The LCD panel is there, as is the slot in the back case but no I didn't want the SD reader.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    Where in brighton are you ?
    I am only 20 min away could pop down one evening
    And try it with a fb3qs and beyond and see how it looks
    ...... just back from testing the laser out at the Brighton Centre with a big sound system and just the two of us - aside from setting the alarm off with smoke machines (oopps, DJ thought they had disabled that zone!) it looked really good, I still have issues with the flickering on anything even remotely complex though including some test patterns and the circle is looking a bit stretched on the ILDA test pattern I downloaded. Would love to get this sorted, am at a loss for trying different things now and wondering if I maybe need to return the DT40's? It doesn't seem this is normal judging by the responses here.....

Do you know what size mirrors you got on those dt40's? Might have the big ones hence need to lower you scanner speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    Do you know what size mirrors you got on those dt40's? Might have the big ones hence need to lower you scanner speed?
    Not sure if they are big or small but are 7mm x 13mm mirrors, although the first 3mm on the long side is glued so actual 10mm usable mirror.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

even with the larger mirrors, you should be able to approximate 30kpps.

from lasershowparts.com:

Scan speeds with 5x10x0.8mm (for 3mm apperture) are 38-40kpps ILDA at 8 degrees
    Scan speeds with 7x12x0.8mm (for 5mm apperture) are 30kpps ILDA at 8 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by steviobee View Post
    Not sure if they are big or small but are 7mm x 13mm mirrors, although the first 3mm on the long side is glued so actual 10mm usable mirror.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I guess that means I have the bigger ones! I thought they would be for the DT40 wides?

There are 3 size configurations of mirror. The 2 listed above, plus the one for the wides which has an extra long mirror to cover the extra width.
    The bigger ones in your case are to accommodate the fatter beams from the current crop of diode based 445/637 modules.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I received 2 of the N-RGB3000s today, using the new small case. I'm too tired to write a proper review, but they are AWSOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    I received 2 of the N-RGB3000s today, using the new small case. I'm too tired to write a proper review, but they are AWSOME!!!
    Excellent! Am out with mine tonight, it's first outing - looking forward to using it live in a big hall.

Be interested to compare performance.......

Did you try the software on a different computer? Possible maybe your computer doesn't have the processing power to keep up - BEYOND/QS are pretty CPU intense I've found.