Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N-RGB3000 from Goldenstarlaser

Have you checked to see what you have the scanners set at in QS?

I'm guessing you probably have as its next to the test patterns but just in case you haven't or you may have caught it accidentally:

In the Settings Dialogue > Projector Settings you can set the scan speed in the software > Scan Rate tab. If you haven't checked, it's possible you could have that slider set at less than 30K. In QS its limited to 30K so the slider should be to the far right as far as it will go. Also, re-check your scan angle calculation as only a few degrees over will play havoc with your scanners ability to draw the pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Did you try the software on a different computer? Possible maybe your computer doesn't have the processing power to keep up - BEYOND/QS are pretty CPU intense I've found.
    The laptop is the faster of my two computers, it is a fairly new i5 with 8gb ram, and have been watching the cpu and memory meters in the OS, they seem to be coping okay? I will hopefully meet up with another guy on here and try it on his setup at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Have you checked to see what you have the scanners set at in QS?

I'm guessing you probably have as its next to the test patterns but just in case you haven't or you may have caught it accidentally:

In the Settings Dialogue > Projector Settings you can set the scan speed in the software > Scan Rate tab. If you haven't checked, it's possible you could have that slider set at less than 30K. In QS its limited to 30K so the slider should be to the far right as far as it will go. Also, re-check your scan angle calculation as only a few degrees over will play havoc with your scanners ability to draw the pattern.
    Yep, scan rate set to max in QS, and even when reducing the angle to silly small image it still flickers on complex graphics, which does lead me to what Things said.... Or scanners not quite set up properly?
    Last edited by steviobee; 07-21-2013 at 06:43.

In all honesty I doubt its the computer spec. I would expect a stutter from the PC not a flicker from the scanners. I'm also running Beyond which is much more CPU intensive than QS on a very similar specc'ed laptop, and I have no issues.

Beyond a hardware or hardware tuning issue only other things I could think of might be a FB3 issue (although it self diagnoses so should indicate a fault) or maybe an issue with the QS build you're using. Have you checked with Pangolin to see if there are any known issues with that build or if its possible to have an issue with the Fb3 that could cause this? Getting together with Badger could help you here as you could run it on his laptop and FB3 and see if it still does it thereby ruling out software, FB3 and computer in 1 go.

Chris and I did get together, in an inside darkened tennis court, massive thanks to top man Badger! A very productive afternoon

We had mine and his projecting the same image and over the longer distance (length of a tennis court ) my scanners are pretty good, with both of us having DT40's, they looked the same. I did have my PC go down so never got to test that part properly but did get both projectors running from his laptop controlled with their own FB3's and all looked good with regards to flickering and colours.

I have since also found out from Winni that the x/y flips only work in the auto mode - (why did I have that fitted!!) so not much good if daisy chaining it and need to flip either axis to mirror another projector.

So, an upgrade to Stanwax's RGB pots and x/y flip controls, but question is do i leave the LCD panel connected as well? I can't see it dulling any signal down and it may be handy to use the DMX part at some point? And the inbuilt safety part - whatever that is?

Why do you need the X Y flips if you only have a single projector?
    Do what I do and flip you X axis now by changing the wires (and then correct it back in software)
    You will then have an auto mirror image if you need to use a second projector (assuming it's wired the 'correct' way )
    All of my projector pairs have one flipped by hardwiring changes.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Why do you need the X Y flips if you only have a single projector?
    Do what I do and flip you X axis now by changing the wires (and then correct it back in software)
    You will then have an auto mirror image if you need to use a second projector (assuming it's wired the 'correct' way )
    All of my projector pairs have one flipped by hardwiring changes.
    It just would have been nice for any future linking up and it's also a bit of a shame having something fitted that doesn't work.
    But yea no big rush at the moment as will only be using a single one for the time being, cheers for the tip :-)

Just FYI, the XY flips on my N-RGB3000 work just fine.
    I have a different case than you with no auto-mode, LCD, mic, or DMX but I don't see a reason those XY flips should be related to auto-mode.
    Do they actually work in auto?

There are things I don't like about my N-RGB3000 (the 637nm is an enormous flashlight that doesn't mix well at all with the 532 or 445), but I do have working XY flips!

You can always make a cable as norty303 suggested. And as long as your other projector has working XY flips, you don't really need them on both.

~bill

Actually I didn't mean by making up a cable (although you could do that too). I meant by physically changing the pins around inside the projector (which could be as simple as turning a plug round on one of the boards).
    If you then plug into another projector, yours should already be a mirror image because its already reversed.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by wlan View Post
    I have a different case than you with no auto-mode, LCD, mic, or DMX but I don't see a reason those XY flips should be related to auto-mode.
    Do they actually work in auto?
    My x/y flips are controlled from the lcd not actual switches, it must be some firmware controlled switching?, and no the x/y flips don't work in auto mode either anyway....

But will do as suggested by norty.

My red is a bit larger but it seems to mix fairly well, some overhang but okay.... I will take a picture to compare.... perhaps suggest a static cue to photograph?