Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooked a motorcyle battery to a car headlamp and...

I have a Streamlight "stinger" flashlight that will smoke the wifes pocket book......found out by accident and laid it down on the floor. It is more like a spot light rather than a flashlight.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I too saw the clip of him lighting newspaper. I believe it is a focused HID lamp -- I thought I saw something like 30 watts. That's a torch.

Mike

I got a box of samples once from a firm selling tungsten halogen projector lamps, when I wanted to try collimated beams of light through a Zenit camera lens mounted on the front of a metal box. I still have that setup, but it's not very exciting. The lamps were cool though, one has a gold plating in the glass reflector. It runs at 150 watts on 15 volts, and focuses to a spot about 5 mm wide 20 mm in front of it. It can heat a penny coin to dull red heat in a few seconds. I haven't got pictures, I'm going from memory and a small note I wrote on the inside of the box lid... If you want a torch that can fire up things in front of it, definitely use a gold reflector if you can.

Steve-o and Doctor... let's see some pics and beamshots!
    Alas, poor diode. I fried him well.

No promise, as I'm working (slowly) on so much I'm in danger of tiring and quitting the lot, but I do want to get some pictures of that setup sometime, as I still have it, so I probably will. Currently working on some other stuff I'll be posting here though...

Looking forward to see whatchy'a got. As for myself, I was quite lazy yesterday, but will get a post of my stuff up here today.
    Alas, poor diode. I fried him well.

Pix >
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apr02562.JPG  

Apr02563.JPG  

Apr02564.JPG  

You could also try & 35W car HID bulb instead.
    I did an 'upgrade' to a 2million candle power torch ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hidtorch1.jpg  

hidtorch2.jpg  

I not so sure what this was all about..
    (BTW: I am a CPF member )

And with my HID projector I can easy make a newspaper burn if I hold it close to the lense

Yeah I guess it's antiquated now. When I first built these it was b4 HID and million CP handheld spotlights.