Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DirectSound and output ILDA to sound card

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the lack of a gui might be problamatic..

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Nope. Not yet. But there is no reason it wouldn't work on Android. I guess I could experiment with the Android distribution for the Raspberry Pi.

But that has nothing to do with this thread.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

You can use a real keyboard with a tablet. Kinda' goes against the point of a touch screen. But it's still a computer at heart.

Probably should take this conversation to the other thread about the Raspberry Pi and such...
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I decide not to change my existing code used for output ILDA frames to projector. It works good with wave*-API I will change only if I face real case with my program when it will not work at someone

Quote Originally Posted by ArtDen View Post
    I decide not to change my existing code used for output ILDA frames to projector. It works good with wave*-API I will change only if I face real case with my program when it will not work at someone
    Good for you. That's been my point throughout this thread. If a hardware maker won't let you do what you want to do, they're insistent to the point where it makes no sense indulging them in what has already become a conflict of interest. As to whether any hardware maker really DOES block access to their audio ports as pairs using standard API, I asked a very specific question about that a couple of days ago. No-one has answered this so I think it's wise to assume it is not an important issue. So stay with hardware that does, that way you are less likely to encounter a maker who changes their mind and does weird broken things to the systems you intend to rely on.