Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Physics or Mobolazer Gurus...

That last drawing looks accurate, though I can't find my original notes. Two things to be aware of, 1) there's 115VAC on the DB-15 connector so be careful and 2) the interlock is not just a jumper, you need to apply a small voltage to close an internal relay. I think I was able to test using a 9V battery.

To this thread and especially djeric68.... Thank you!

The schematics you provided and discussed above I was able to leverage the past two nights and was able to fully revive a Reliant 300M that I just acquired!

Thank you!

LaserGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LASERGUY View Post
    To this thread and especially djeric68.... Thank you!

The schematics you provided and discussed above I was able to leverage the past two nights and was able to fully revive a Reliant 300M that I just acquired!

Thank you!

LaserGuy

LaserGuy,

Good to hear that you got your 300M running. Have fun with your new laser.

Was anything incorrect on my sketches? They are over 3 years old now. If so, let me know and I'll revise the sketches and re-post so that others can benefit in the future.

Thanks,
    Eric in New Orleans
    Eric in New Orleans

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Is the laser working? If so, you may wish to document the pin-out before snipping the cable.... The next owner of the laser might appreciate it.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Eric,

The only thing that had me thrown was pins (7) and (8) on your PDF schematic... I read this as needing 12 volts applied but this was not necessary and not sure what the pins are actually for.

To simplify what it takes to "jump" one of these lasers (In my experience for a 300C)

*Pins (1) and (2) must be shorted to close interlock
    *Pins (9) and (10) require a low voltage to be applied to close interlock relay (anything from a 9 volt battery and up)... Polarity did matter... You will hear an audible click of the relay when right.

The final part of my troubleshoot was a answer to the typical technical prayer... "Maybe it's a fuse?".... There is a 5A fuse (through hole resister type package) positioned just below the back side of the laser tube. A continuity check proved this was the case and a short of this fuse lit this baby right up with the help from your schematics!

Steve,

Yes it is working and a wonderful site to see this beast put some great power.
    Need to grab a meter from work to get an accurate read. I should take a stab at measuring tube current to confirm if the MAX pot setting for intensity control is optimized. Not sure what a "reliable" working current is for these systems.

I have to say I am amazed by this laser. I primarily have only leveraged ALC 60X's which we all know are great little lasers but the simplicity and power of the Reliant's are amazing to me! Self contained and simplified construction.

I hope to post pics soon on the other thread where this all started. This is the same system that came with the Redline beam table that I also troubleshooted and refurbished.... A dream come true for me ;-)

Sean