Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best RGB ILDA Laser for under £1,000

Default Best RGB ILDA Laser for under £1,000

Hi everyone

Sorry, you must have heard this question a million times. I'm a complete novice on lasers. But I'm looking for an RGB laser under £1,000 that can be controlled by ILDA. I'm also looking for a software program to control the laser with pre-installed patterns. The laser would be used in a small club with a 500 person capacity. I'm looking for sharp, smooth and vivid colours.

I've found this example but I'm really not sure if it's any good?

http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk/Laser-...With-Quickshow

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
    Tony (Moth in a previous life)

How about this one:
    http://www.topiclight.com/en/disproduct.php?id=92

635 nm Red 300mW + 532nm Green 200mW + 445nm 300mW. ILDA-20K.

PM me for price if you have interesting in it.

Tks!
    Song
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Thanks Song - have you got any video examples of this laser? What software could I use to control it?

Has anyone had any experience with Laser UK products?

Hi Tony, I don't want to come in heavy on your 1st post, but I take it you are aware of the safety implications behind laser use are you? Its very important to realise that it isn't just light but light that's capable of burning retinas and causing permanent eye damage so has to be used in a responsible way ie either overhead only or with carefully taken measurements and power adjustment if used into the audience. There are also strict European criminal laws now about employee exposure.

Pangolin make safety lenses which again can help massively with safety if used correctly.

There are plenty of people on here in the UK who can advise you in detail on safety if you're unsure and J Stewart of LVR Limited, who's also on here, does an excellent safety course.

No, I have not taken any video of this one.
    Our laser can be controlled by DMX/ILDA/Sound activated/Auto running.
    You can control it with Pangolin Beyond/Quickshow; and any other product support ILDA connect.
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Thanks Song.

Can anyone else suggest a RGB ILDA laser under £1K?

I would like peoples opinions on this package - is it good value? Is the laser any good? Is the software any good?

http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk/Laser-...With-Quickshow

Hi White-light

Thanks for your reply. I understand the dangers in using these types of lights but as a noob I thought I would join these forums to do my research before just going to buy one. I'm happy to listen to anyone's advice along the way to help make my light show the best it can possibly be for price but also the safest it can be. I wouldn't want any of my customers eyes burn out. Please help me by posting links of the safety equipment.

Cheers
    Tony

£1K for the laser only correct? Because the software/hardware can be another $450 bucks. Going to guess you have software now hence you want one that supports ILDA?

I'd go with this guy http://www.eightonlight.cn/products/.../0927/167.html Or ask http://goldenstarlaser.com/ for a price list

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    Hi White-light

Thanks for your reply. I understand the dangers in using these types of lights but as a noob I thought I would join these forums to do my research before just going to buy one. I'm happy to listen to anyone's advice along the way to help make my light show the best it can possibly be for price but also the safest it can be. I wouldn't want any of my customers eyes burn out. Please help me by posting links of the safety equipment.

Cheers
    Tony
    Hi Tony, I'm not really the right person to advise you on the finer details of safety measurement beyond saying that if in doubt project overhead. I'm sure some of the others who are in a better position will spot this thread and offer advice shortly.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

It depends on what you want. For night club use, QS will be the best option. It's also quite expensive. £1095 for Quickshow + an RGB laser is not a bad deal, however the galvos are only 12 kpps. That's a bit low. Don't count on decent graphics, logos will flicker quite a lot. Simple text will work, as will beam shows. 530 mW total, with good colour balance. Maybe it's good that it isn't that high power, it helps with not burning out eyes. It doesn't say if it's TTL or analog modulation though, better ask that to the vendor before buying. Analog modulation is the ability to dim the lasers, while with TTL it's only on or off; with analog modulation you can get all the colours, with TTL only 7.

Song's projector has better specs. 20 kpps galvos, more power, analog modulation. This deal does not include software so beware of that. Graphics will look more stable. The colour balance looks a bit weak on the red side, but it's probably fine. And since it's analog modulation you could adjust the colour balance in software, but nobody will notice anyway.

There are a number of safety options, though I'm no expert so I will other members provide more details. One hint I can give is, just don't audience scan. Physically mask off the aperture so the laser can't possibly shine into the audience, and problem solved. If this is unacceptable, you can use lenses that diverge the beam and use beam attenuation maps that lower the intensity when the laser goes into the public.