Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightspace (Omar<-FL) and Melody Lee (Lightspace)

Ordered on 9-3
    Out the door to DHL on the 7th, its already in country by the 9th!
    Here's hoping it gets through custom quick but I'm feeling a lot better about it getting here in time for a gig on the 21st.

Unreal. Ordered on 9/3 and its sitting next to me at work now on 9/10. China to Ohio...that's incredible. I don't know who your paying off in customs but keep doing it. I'm going to be patient and wait till I get it home to crack open but its hard. Came in flight case w/thin layer of bubble wrap. No visible damage, looking pristine.

Really nice build IMO. Heavy and extremely sturdy casing. Everything is nice and tight and flush and it just gives off a feeling of seriousness. The flight case seems pretty nice as well, nice tight fit.
    I feel like I may be hitting the quick show scan 30K max but it handles most animations smoothly and runs multiple abstracts without many issues as well.
    The one thing that I don't want to get to much into until I can try some more things but the way the red is modulating seems odd to me. As a gradient it seems like going from blue to red there are at best two distinct magentas and then it just snaps to red. A lot of patterns that gradient mix over to red don't even end up showing any red at all in the final display. I was doing some projection zone power mapping and noticed if I kept red min val high (20-30) when the scan hit the zones under 30% the red would finally show (using beams sometimes they would noticeably change colors as they passed through the power zone map). Ive been messing around with the QS color settings but this is my first analog color piece so Im crash coursing it. I did the color setup as described in the pangolin videos but found I got much better results tuning with certain other patterns and cross checking the result with more. The settings I arrived at the official way where less then optimal to me. Maybe a color correction board is needed??? We shall see.

My only other piece is my x-laser .5w 2013 mobilebeat so its not even fair to 'compare' them but as should be its incredibly brighter, much cleaner scanning with fewer pulled or flappy edges and just tighter images/animation in general.

As has been said the beams are tight. I don't have much experience with other projectors up close but looking into the cavity the red has a slight overhang but the end result is very very nice.

I think i forgot to even mention this was the larger PlutoII 3.6w at 1000/1000/1600 40K?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	39878

Name:	IMG_0069.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	39879

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	39880

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

let's see some test patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomseed View Post
    Really nice build IMO. Heavy and extremely sturdy casing. Everything is nice and tight and flush and it just gives off a feeling of seriousness. The flight case seems pretty nice as well, nice tight fit.
    I feel like I may be hitting the quick show scan 30K max but it handles most animations smoothly and runs multiple abstracts without many issues as well.
    The one thing that I don't want to get to much into until I can try some more things but the way the red is modulating seems odd to me. As a gradient it seems like going from blue to red there are at best two distinct magentas and then it just snaps to red. A lot of patterns that gradient mix over to red don't even end up showing any red at all in the final display. I was doing some projection zone power mapping and noticed if I kept red min val high (20-30) when the scan hit the zones under 30% the red would finally show (using beams sometimes they would noticeably change colors as they passed through the power zone map). Ive been messing around with the QS color settings but this is my first analog color piece so Im crash coursing it. I did the color setup as described in the pangolin videos but found I got much better results tuning with certain other patterns and cross checking the result with more. The settings I arrived at the official way where less then optimal to me. Maybe a color correction board is needed??? We shall see.

My only other piece is my x-laser .5w 2013 mobilebeat so its not even fair to 'compare' them but as should be its incredibly brighter, much cleaner scanning with fewer pulled or flappy edges and just tighter images/animation in general.

As has been said the beams are tight. I don't have much experience with other projectors up close but looking into the cavity the red has a slight overhang but the end result is very very nice.

I think i forgot to even mention this was the larger PlutoII 3.6w at 1000/1000/1600 40K?

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	39878

Name:	IMG_0069.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	39879

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	39880
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I only got this crappy iphone camera so its really hard to get much that you can make out but I can describe them.

Normal ilda pattern at 30K (QS max) the circle is still slightly outside the square. The blanking area at top is a little wonky, settles at 3.
    The fading circles are where things get weird. There is no 'hardly visible" when changing the min/max color settings (analog log response). As you slowly mess with the mins it just comes on eventually on in whatever color you changed to make it flip. Maybe Im doing this wrong but Ive settle the color settings as follows but not using this pattern, like I described above.
    R -> 30%/100%
    G -> 0%/85%
    B -> 0%/90%

Ill try to get more shots tomorrow.

Lightspace needs to get the FDA logo off the back or it might find itself on a ban list.

I found it amusing that is does not say "this appliance meets/complies" and just says "this appliance MUST"

Also "Seriac" number :-|

So after all that I decided to start over and just flipping all the lower levels back to default 0/100 looked a lot better then whatever adjustments I was making so they did balance this thing better then I gave them credit for. I was fixing a non-existent problem I suppose.

Which Problem did you fix?

none, I was creating them apparently.

I felt like the way the laser was modulating the red seemed to be creating steps instead of a smooth blending so I was messing around a lot with the min/max color power settings, in the end I was just making things much worse and going back to normal analog with log response snapped things back where they should have been.