Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Laser burn

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post

To my mind, I really don't see how a 1.3" LCD could receive a shock big enough to break it, without it completely destroying the projector as well. There simply isn't the mass involved for interia to do its work.

I shall think of that the next time i knock my phone off the table, and the screen breaks i will sit in amazement that the phone still works.
    Roadie's can be clumbsie and a little ham fisted when chucking flight cases about things take knocks without them even realising they done it half the time. stuff gets broke,shit happens,
    Glad you have work things out though , hopefully it did not hurt your wallet too much.
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Hi Adam
    I've seen similar damage from pump sources being used through a PBS and two 1/2E wave plates to achieve higher outputs, the absorption on the second picture has a cross hair configuration at the central damage area.
    The transverse absorption of the damage seems relevant to the offset of the absorption area, if you look at the second picture carefully you will see that the central white area of the impact has lateral displacement.
    Most charge coupled devices respond in this manner when hit with high Ir or Uv.
    However, I'm not saying this is Laser damage as we are seeing more of this from HDI lamps and Non filtered LED sources.