Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumia pretest SELEM

Default Lumia pretest SELEM

Just a quick test of one of the lumia rigs before breaking it down for the trip. Quite a few different effects if ya have time to hang in for the whole video. Modulation and effect control via LSX. This was show in a pretty much day lit room, so there is a bit o power behind this rig. Kept washing out the camera even with it stopped all the way down.

leading in trailing technology

This also has a 8 position beam rail and machida grating

Is this just RGB?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Is this just RGB?
    Yes but uses creative beam steering to really expand the color pallet and a lot of experimenting to get it to where I was very happy

Nice job. That's what threw me, it looked more complex than just RGB. Really nice work!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I spy with my little eye a MAME cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I spy with my little eye a MAME cabinet
    That would be correct. Wow what a pain it was updating the set after 2years out of that scene

When you are projecting through the lumia material or the grating do you use more than a single beam for each color and do you steer the input beams in any way? Also, how much power is there in each of the colors?

2W total, 500mw 532, 750mw 638, 750mw 445.

Very little steering if you mean separation of the beam after the combining dichros. There are 15 GM20's used for general steering. In some of the GM20's I have 50/50 dichros so I am able to have multiple effects on at once layered. I experimented with using prisms, some motorized dichro mounts etc. But in the end found the best was using a centered beam, but with using different optical correction methods for each was able to make it so the beams were different shape /sizes in the near field so that when it hits a wheel or tube the effect is very pleasant, yet far field it looks like a white dot when using the beam rail. The blue dichro is still on a controllable stepper mount, and slightly shifting that beam can give more purple to be dominate, but then loss of reds n yellows. (this feature is not used in the video) I really like where it has landed hands off, the spectrum of colors I am seeing is pretty breath taking(even more impressive in person).

I will be adding 9 more effects to this rig, have the driver card and half the needed actuators. Also there will be a galvo positioned beam that will make use of a Poly6 track round wheel.

Looking forward to LSX supporting 3rd party DMX control, as I want to have full analog modulation and also these expanded features all controlled, by a slaved timeline to ADAT.

The torture tubes I am using are the Glass Vials that Displaser creates be sure to stop an talk with him at SELEM if your interested in some.

Hi Polishedball.
    That looks amazing. I have a few low powered lasers laying around here and some interesting glass which I plan to turn using an old optikinetics wheel motor.
    Great inspiration

Keith

[QUOTE=polishedball;266789]Just a quick test of one of the lumia rigs before breaking it down for the trip. Quite a few different effects if ya have time to hang in for the whole video. Modulation and effect control via LSX. This was show in a pretty much day lit room, so there is a bit o power behind this rig. Kept washing out the camera even with it stopped all the way down.