Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red First Contact GB. Any takers?

I agree with PolishedBall, I'd do $30 for either, but not both. I gotta say, I got a little lost reading this thread.

I'm in for whatever, Just let me know.
    chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

What Chad said. Let me know when it's done what I get and what I owe.

Thanks,

-rick

Quote Originally Posted by lulighttec View Post
    I agree with PolishedBall, I'd do $30 for either, but not both. I gotta say, I got a little lost reading this thread.
    Sorry. I'll break it down a bit more: basically, we can get 500ml for $350 shipped. That means that 10 of us can get 45ml each for about $30, plus my cost to ship them at $5. If that gets broken into 15ml bottles, it would require 30 people to be interested in 15ml bottles to make them $12 each plus shipping, but getting 30 people on a group buy is difficult and takes a lot of time. More realistic is the 130ml option for ~$200, which would mean that 8 people could get 15ml each for around $25 plus $5 shipping, and I would eat the cost of the bottles since I'd be getting a 'free' 15ml bottle for myself.

Make sense?
    Neat!

Quote Originally Posted by laserlackey View Post
    Sorry. I'll break it down a bit more: basically, we can get 500ml for $350 shipped. That means that 10 of us can get 45ml each for about $30
    That's a pretty sweet deal - I bought a 45ml bottle at SELEM for $60 (no regrets), but would have jumped in on this otherwise. Thanks for offering up a GB, I know that they can be a lot of work.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

I'll take a bottle. I some clear but it would be much easier to use if I could see the film was all removed.

I don't know much about first contact, can someone explain how it is used & what it's advantages are? Is it just for laser optics? Thanks!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

It's some kind of polymer solution. You apply it to a surface with a nail polish style brush, let it dry out and peel it off afterwards. The solution dries out to a film and when it comes off, dirt and fingerprints and such come off as well. In theory it doesn't damage the optics itself. The difficulty is peeling it off, there are several techniques but requires some practice. Steady hands recommended! I only tried it once and found it quite doable.
    I'm unsure about how long you need to let it dry out, but that's up for discussion anyway.

The reason I ask: I clean lots & lots of moving lights as part of my business, and trying to clean the small glass dichros & lenses is a PITA.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

First contact will work, but it's a tedious process as well...