Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY laser hair removal.

I always thought the cells of the follicle which generate the hair don't add color to it (that is why they are white at the very base) and melanocyte cells later add the color
    They are in close proximity and so there is heat transfer. You are correct and that is why, as you age, you still grow hair although it begins to loose its pigmentation.

... electrolysis seems to hurt more than only the hair roots, as the high current path is running through the nearby nerves and surrounding tissues ... and too is prone for wrong settings and "undefined" results.
    The electrolysis current can be adjusted as well. Your fiber technique is not a bad idea, but you probably don't need to go into the UV. The bluer the better, but the competition is actually between melanin in the skin vs melanin in the hair. It is more important to localize the application. My major concern, as long as you are long of the wavelengths that cause DNA damage, is that any spread of the light beyond the hair risks depigmentation of the skin. With area illumination provided by the typical, clinical hair removal laser, peak fluence levels are much more controllable. With a fiber, there can be a significant variation of intensity depending on the distance and angle of the fiber. You may end up with many blanched spots in the treatment area and this could be permanent.

... for this the "damaged area" should be localized and as small as possible, so the healing process will only remove some cells around and inside the hair root.

Regarding the concerns of carcinome induction - think about a CO2-laser, instead of UV or blue ... either a Germanium fibre, or a hollow capillary ...

Viktor

... for this the "damaged area" should be localized and as small as possible, so the healing process will only remove some cells around and inside the hair root.
    Yes, that's the goal, but achieving it might be a challenge.

I would be lying if I had said I have not thought about doing this my self, I have hair is some areas that I want gone as well, I have used a laser to remove a black head my doctor could not get rid of, while it did work it's not something I would suggest another person do as it is dangerous.
    I would not want to use a UV laser either as UV light can cause DNA damage, at shorter wavelengths it is considered to be ionizing radiation and we all know that can cause cancer.

Well now I know why conical lenses for fiber lasers are expensive now, I did not know people used them to remove hair
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Well now I know why conical lenses for fiber lasers are expensive now, I did not know people used them to remove hair
    Conical lenses are interesting. They are also called axicons. I use them to improve the annular output from dye lasers and they are also used to produce bessel beams. These are interesting. Better to look them up than for me to try to describe them. In brief, they are often used to manipulate microscopic particles by lasers.

I will do that, I had wonted one for an IR fiber laser I wanted to try to use for engraving, my last attempt got contamination on the fiber and burned the end, luckily at that time I worked for a company that had the equipment to repair the damage and have not risked trying that again, I have a lens for it now that can be kept clean, that had always reminded me of one movie, where some guy contaminated the optics on a rivals experimental laser, real genius I think is what it was called
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Default Laser

In laser treatment, single-wavelength light is used that does not spread and target a single point. Moreover, it can be controlled and have the ability to travel long distances. All these characteristics make the laser procedure the right choice for localized hair removal.

Default Capulus

And to think they sell a red wave length ball cap to restore hair growth,$3000.
    inside lined with LDs and only 15 mins a day for 6 months will give half your hair back. what can't lasers do? A-Z , Artery un blocking to Vagina renewal, only four letters to go WXYZ!

... for the letter "Z" -- "Z-Pinch-enhancement, to perform fusion process, by lasers"
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Default WXYZ

looking the web to find wxy laser do's and found "laseraway"
    thats right up there with asking the vein doctor ,what do you inject into the veins to remove them VEIN BE GONE!

- I did find yag laser capsolotomy treatment
    - wymore laser treatment
    -X is still elusive, excitetimer laser?