Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UpgradeQS2 LivePro or Beyond?

hehe I could be wrong :P

15 Chars....
    Philipp Wetter

Is beyond midi mapping superior to QS? Right now I'm banging my head against a wall with the limited destinations for midi in QS.

Midi mapping in beyond is almost limitless . you can assign mostly all the controlls from the midi settings, and if that is not enough, you can assign custom pangoscripts to midi

Beyond also has internal 'channels' which can be mapped to midi controllers. The channels can in turn be mapped to multiple Beyond features.
    The possibilities probably exceed your imagination currently, although the documentation might not yet reveal everything its capable of (but you can always email Alexey )
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Nice midi macros........
    Dig it.

Beyond + APC40 with advanced MIDI map = /thread

I upgraded to Beyond and use my apc40 for live shows.. its intense and makes me feel like a dj again. QS you can only map a few basic things. Beyond you can map ANYTHING. Worth every penny.

IMO

It was actualy the only reason i upgraded to beyond. (now this is just my opinion) You cannot perform a proper live show without a midi controller. With out it, you only have 1 mouse, and that 1 mouse can only click one thing at a time. Imagine having an x/y/z rotation at the tip of three fingers, a animation speed slider at your thumb.
    Trigger two/three cues at once with your other hand (three fingers) and have your thumb on your favorite QuickFX ie, strobe or flash.
    Good luck doing that on a bid EDM drop with your mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    Beyond + APC40 with advanced MIDI map = /thread

I upgraded to Beyond and use my apc40 for live shows.. its intense and makes me feel like a dj again. QS you can only map a few basic things. Beyond you can map ANYTHING. Worth every penny.

IMO
    Agreed. I was disappointed with QS and MIDI support. Close but no cigar. Beyond MIDI control is much better, supports 14 bit values (now you can achieve precisely 100℅ animation speed on a slider control unlike QS. Essential for playback of shows. Map anything you like.

Last night Mr B sent me my Beyond license and after a solid days digging around, reading the manual (heaven forbid) and watching the online videos all I can say is wow. If I am absent here for the next month it will be because I am deep in the engine room of Pango scripting and Universe View. The 3D stuff is next. I keep finding more exciting features....

Please send water and essential food to my room, just slip it under the door. I won't be coming out for a long time.

I went to my local production store the other day to have a closer look at the Akai APC40 ( and 20) following a brief look at the Pango stand in Shanghai last month, and while it looks OK and works fine, I was dissapointed with the LED primary colors, they are not RGB !!! Door. Then I found the Abelton Push.... Yeah, now your talking! No sliders, but it does have 8 x touch sensitive rotary encoders, tons of LCD action and buttons with RGB LEDs.. Twice the price but man it is really solid and nice to use....

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/ABL-PUSH
    Last edited by dnar; 11-01-2013 at 21:31.
    This space for rent.

dnar, take a look at the line from livid, OhmRGB might be what your looking for in a console. Cheapish on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    dnar, take a look at the line from livid, OhmRGB might be what your looking for in a console. Cheapish on ebay.
    That actually looks pretty nifty...

Looking at some vids of this in action, I had an epiphany (oh no, not again, this usually involves $$$). I need to talk to Bill and Justin about this one, but here is the 5 second condensed version....

Live shows operated like a DJ. Setup the next cue(s) or 'scenes' to execute and execute with the crossfader (with configured transition). I need to sit down tonight with Universe and Pango script to see if I can somehow achieve this.... Stand by.
    This space for rent.