Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UpgradeQS2 LivePro or Beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    I was dissapointed with the LED primary colors, they are not RGB !!!
    One point worth remembering is there is a map available off the shelf for Beyond for the APC40 so its a case of RGB bling vs ready done mapping. Of course if you intend to custom map Wayne then it might not be a consideration, although I understand the off the shelf mapping to be quite well done. A member of the Pangolin team has been working with various professional users to formulate the best possible map for the APC based on their feedback.. There's also a downloadable template for the map that you can print out to have nearby whilst learning.

I looked around myself for alternatives to the APC but couldn't really find anything a lot better. As you found you either gain buttons and lose sliders or gain sliders and lose buttons. The best answer would be a custom console but given the cost and the fact that the Laser Show Performer never sold great numbers means I think that we're unlikely to see that again. That said, someone did post a picture on Facebook of a custom QS console they had developed, which was brilliant but also looked very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    One point worth remembering is there is a map available off the shelf for Beyond for the APC40 so its a case of RGB bling vs ready done mapping. Of course if you intend to custom map Wayne then it might not be a consideration, although I understand the off the shelf mapping to be quite well done. A member of the Pangolin team has been working with various professional users to formulate the best possible map for the APC based on their feedback.. There's also a downloadable template for the map that you can print out to have nearby whilst learning.

I looked around myself for alternatives to the APC but couldn't really find anything a lot better. As you found you either gain buttons and lose sliders or gain sliders and lose buttons. The best answer would be a custom console but given the cost and the fact that the Laser Show Performer never sold great numbers means I think that we're unlikely to see that again. That said, someone did post a picture on Facebook of a custom QS console they had developed, which was brilliant but also looked very expensive.
    Yes, I have been researching the current MAP on the Beyond forums. Creating my own map does not phase me, and in fact I think from what I have seen I would like different functions anyways.

I did find this kit from Livid, which may yet be the way I go. http://vimeo.com/41304685

First I am going to fully define what I want and see which is the best way forward, DIY with Arduino or similar, Livid Brain or fully off the shelf with Akai or similar.

But first, I really need to get very acquainted with Beyond, Pango script and Universe to understand just how mush the envelope can be pushed, and so far it looks like it's a near-infinite envelope!
    This space for rent.

If you want hardcore live control with multiple lasers independent I would suggest Livepro.

If you want easy live control, and the software of the future I would advise Beyond. For hardcore live control its just not finished yet.
    For example if you set Beyond to zone control to control each zone/projector independent the speed control is not working on current versions (b580)

For internal testing and small show I use beyond, and I like it very much.
    for the bigger live shows i use live pro, its a proven product...

For you Beyond will be the way to go.

great thread with advice that many have been seeking a +4 rep to all of you---hak