Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UpgradeQS2 LivePro or Beyond?

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Default UpgradeQS2 LivePro or Beyond?

Need help deciding which software
    would be best. I don't design shows very often mostly play beam and graphic cues for friends/family w music. I want to enjoy some diffetent software but unsure if Beyond is right or the Livepro. Experienced with both? Maybe you could shed some light(photons) on the subject. Thanks. JimmY
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi Jimmy,

Money... that's your first consideration. Getting a LivePro license for your FB3 is going to be considerably less expensive than getting Beyond. By over a grand.

What you want to do with it... second consideration. LivePro versus Beyond are kind of two totally different animals. LivePro is for just what you described, playing cues along with music. You don't play shows with it and people don't create shows with it. Beyond on the other hand, does both. It will look very much like Quickshow when first explored but, there is a ton more there for show creation and is the way things are going to go for Pangolin. It will continue to get fuller and more robust as time goes on. Shows are also out there for Beyond that you can download and play - just like Quickshow or LD2000.

Ease of use... There is a lot to LivePro. Some say perhaps a good 40 hours of playing with it to become comfortable. Yes, you can figure out the basics quickly but, there is an awful lot under the hood. Beyond is similar in that, you can be making shows very quickly and, there is an awful lot more under the hood and probably a lot more to come.

My $.02 I use them both.

I think the upgrades are QS add LivePro $345 vs. Beyond upgrade from QS $895 and the $ part is there but isn't the main issue for me. If I add LP can I still upgrade and take Beyond as well later. Like a qs w/lp and beyond? -jimmy
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

Most definintly. For both, it's just a license file that's generated by Pangolin tied to the serial number of your QM, and software installation.

I have a single license file for my LP and Beyond software and all the DACs they are licensed for. It was getting a bit messy otherwise!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I think Beyond is the way to go. I've been using LivePro at a professional level for more then 7 years now, but a few months ago I started using Beyond. Ever since I haven't opened LivePro not even once . LivePro is a good and reliable, but it is old, hasn't been updated in a few years, and there won't be any future developments.
    Beyond is new, and it's a complete tool (you can do live, program a show on the timeline, design things,) and has a lot of very useful features. Also I think it is a lot easier to learn, and also quicker to do things, plus it will be updated for a long time from now.

I believe QS to be fun and I want to choose the program that would provide most FUN for friends fam and humble self. I dig into QS and find ways to change the cues presented. Sometimes I even save a few. Timelines are there but I don't really use em' live. I never saved them though.Maybe I should(think it's called making a show). The quick effects are cool and the quick text simple enough. Used it 2 years now. Want more.Got LSX pro as well and I find it's a little brighter and more mathematical. I really enjoy the QS and it's my go to. Leaning towards Beyond. Live Pro seems to really have a lot of GO right out of the box and I'm hoping Beyond will be a major difference from QS.

Then go ahead and bite the bullet to go with Beyond. I think you'd be up and running with that faster since you've got experience with Quickshow. Plus, as has been mentioned, it will continue to be upgraded and offer more going forward into the future.

I just love Beyond, as it is a complete tool for me, the new updates there are some new toys added to the new version
    As usual getting all the support I need everytime I get stuck
    Philipp Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    I just love Beyond, as it is a complete tool...
    In these modern times that is a remark that could be misconstrued. But never mind, I get that you like it.