Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Winni

Default Problem with Winni

I know that the general consensus is that Winni has been a good source for laser components and that is why I chose to give her my business for a trio of DPSS lasers. I have been disappointed however. The first order arrived in the US with a 220V-only power supply. No specification for the power supply specs were provided on the original invoice, but I would think it unusual to choose this input for this destination ad hoc or if she was uncertain then failing to check with me meant that I had to pay for the correct power supply or pay an equivalent amount to ship the 220V unit back to China. I decided to pay for the new power supply.

I proceeded with a second order for two additional lasers because despite the inconvenience, the first laser performed well. This time, rather than two 2W lasers I received a single 1W laser and a couple of first surface mirrors?!

I am waiting for a response.
    Last edited by planters; 09-06-2013 at 17:25.

She has responded and apologized. Lets see if this turns out to be the story of a convert to her fan club.

Sounds like human error, we are all capable of it, I have had great service from Winni in the past and I know others have aswell, lets just hope she does the right thing and sorts the issues quickly..

Tony.
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

This is not going well... at all!

The miss-shipment of my lasers was sent to an individual who promptly carried them to Russia. He was sent money by Winni to ship them back to me and now is not responding. I feel sorry for Goldenstar, but so far, after approx a dozen emails back and forth, there has been no progress on their part to fill the original invoice that was paid for one month ago. I have requested a cancellation of the order and opened a dispute with PayPal. She has declined the refund and asked me to wait until I receive the lasers. Maybe the Russian gentleman will "eventually" ship the lasers he now has and maybe not. Who knows? I hope I do not need to escalate this to a Pay Pal claim. Who knows?

This might be initially attributed to bad luck. But, the quality of the packaging for the laser I did receive was poor and the one photo I received of my lasers from Russia (before the shipping funds were sent and communication stopped) showed some weird power cables attached to the power supplies that they forgot to remove prior to shipping. All of this, including the miss-shipments, has been blamed on a "new worker" @ Goldenstar. They need much better training or supervision if this is the case.

I have ordered products from all over the world including repeatedly from three companies in China and this has been one of the most difficult. Partly because of the amount of money involved and partly because I made this order because of the generally good reviews that Winni enjoyed on the forum.

Sorry to hear this-- FYI she can sometimes be found around 11 pm to midnight(USA time) logged in at FaceBook Chat-- Sometimes coms in 'real time' make the wait less stressful.

hope all ends well--len

Thanks, I'll try that.

I have had luck with getting her on Skype as well. I have had a mix up as well, and it took a while but eventually everything was settled and fixed. I hope your ordeal gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I had to pay for the correct power supply or pay an equivalent amount to ship the 220V unit back to China. I decided to pay for the new power supply.
    this is a big fail... they made a mistake, they ship you a new 110V PSU for free! why i have to pay shipping for your mistake? very very bad!
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    This is not going well... at all!

The miss-shipment of my lasers was sent to an individual who promptly carried them to Russia. He was sent money by Winni to ship them back to me and now is not responding. I feel sorry for Goldenstar, but so far, after approx a dozen emails back and forth, there has been no progress on their part to fill the original invoice that was paid for one month ago. I have requested a cancellation of the order and opened a dispute with PayPal. She has declined the refund and asked me to wait until I receive the lasers. Maybe the Russian gentleman will "eventually" ship the lasers he now has and maybe not. Who knows? I hope I do not need to escalate this to a Pay Pal claim. Who knows?

This might be initially attributed to bad luck. But, the quality of the packaging for the laser I did receive was poor and the one photo I received of my lasers from Russia (before the shipping funds were sent and communication stopped) showed some weird power cables attached to the power supplies that they forgot to remove prior to shipping. All of this, including the miss-shipments, has been blamed on a "new worker" @ Goldenstar. They need much better training or supervision if this is the case.

I have ordered products from all over the world including repeatedly from three companies in China and this has been one of the most difficult. Partly because of the amount of money involved and partly because I made this order because of the generally good reviews that Winni enjoyed on the forum.

same thing here... they shipped wrong address... they will build you two new laser immediately and then the russian guy will ship back to them... why i need to wait for another error?
    this is always the main problem with business in china... the ask you to wait, they say they are sorry but they don't give you money back or ship other stuff...

i had a similar problem with a chinese seller... only sorry sorry now i want my money back or new items and they don't answers to mail/skype -.-"
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it

I also had a problem with GOLDENSTAR in last week.
    I get Laserwave 2W green, but it not work. GS and LW say what problem with driver and proposed sent to me new driver. But I insisted to bring back the kit and send me a new work module. Do you think Goldenstart should give me back postage cost is on return the module to China?