Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NWLEM II feeler

The venue I'm looking at is an old theater in Portland. It would be a step up from the last NWLEM venue in that there's a little more space and the location is definitely better as it's close to a bunch of food options and other things, compared to the industrial district from NWLEM I. I'm planning on returning to the theater to check out the power situation soon.

In order to lock something in with the venue, I need to come up with a date soon.

First off, my options are January 31st-February 2nd, February 14th-16th, and February 21st-23rd. If none of these work out overall, we can look at March or even April. If enough of you think one or more of these dates work and it looks good for this time frame, I'll add a poll to this thread so we can zero in on a weekend.

- Jonathan

I'm off until the second week in February

Peace,
    dave

Any date will work for me. I really enjoyed last years event.
    I am looking forward to seeing fellow laser lovers and their new toys again.
    Laserbiker

Quote Originally Posted by laserbiker View Post
    Any date will work for me. I really enjoyed last years event.
    I am looking forward to seeing fellow laser lovers and their new toys again.
    Laserbiker
    I don't know my work schedule yet but as I will again be local pick a time I will be there. If you need help with venue setup etc let me know!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Any of those dates work for me.

I am up to make the trip. My vote is for the weekend of February 21st.

I'm in. I had a blast last time! Any date is good with me. Mind if I ask the location you are looking at?
    __________CDHDC__________

I'm in too! The last NWLEM was really fun. I haven't been doing too much lasering the last few months so this would be good for me. Any of those dates should work though the last weekend sounds better.

Thanks for getting this going Jonathan!

Mike

So, the venue I've been looking at is called The Bob White Theater. It's an older building on Foster Rd. in SE Portland. The manager, Alex, has offered to rent the venue from Friday, January 31st - Sunday, February 2nd for $600. The venue has no built in heat, but can be heated with portable heaters, provided by the venue.

Our event would fill in a weekend where there are no events currently planned and we'd have use of the theater and the lobby, as well as the balcony areas. As usual, we'd be limited to a total of 49 attendees, but I think that will work out, given the previous numbers at LEMs around here in the past.

Any ideas or questions before I pay a deposit and start a new thread? We could still change the date, if there's enough interest to do so.

- Jonathan

*edit* The venue has a huge 240v service. For 3-phase, we'd have to get creative but it can be done.

So at the eight people interested so far $75 each isn't a bad deal. A few more and we can get it to more what Platinum was hoping for.
    Last edited by sugeek; 12-26-2013 at 18:33.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.