Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NWLEM II feeler

I'd definitely be in, and would be happy to put on shows, help-me's, etc.

Sounds great. What can I do to help?

I'm definitely in and have added those dates to my calendar. As always, helping make photons go at LEMs is part of the fun, let me know how I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    The venue has a huge 240v service. For 3-phase, we'd have to get creative but it can be done.
    We could rent a generator for 3 phase. It' would cost around $75 to $150 per day depending on how many amps o' 3 phase we end up needing. Add another $75 per day for spyder boxes, distro cords and diesel. Those generators tip the scale just north of 3000 pounds, so we'd also need someone with a capable rig or look into delivery. So who's planning on bringing ion rigs?

Hey Jonathan, drop me a note. I will help with the generator costs. I have the purelight star, the sp-165 and the I-100 krypton.
    How many others will be bringing ion systems?
    I dont know if theres anything I can do to help with planning from down here, but name it and let me see what I can do.
    -Nate.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    Sounds great. What can I do to help?
    I'll try to tabulate a small list to-do list in the next few days. In the past, I've opted for a less-organized approach to laser enthusiast meetings as it seems to encourage people to just hang out and focus on whatever interests them. I'm not against a little more structure this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I'm definitely in and have added those dates to my calendar. As always, helping make photons go at LEMs is part of the fun, let me know how I can help.

We could rent a generator for 3 phase. It' would cost around $75 to $150 per day depending on how many amps o' 3 phase we end up needing. Add another $75 per day for spyder boxes, distro cords and diesel. Those generators tip the scale just north of 3000 pounds, so we'd also need someone with a capable rig or look into delivery. So who's planning on bringing ion rigs?
    I've got a couple of SP168s I'll bring, at least to poke at. One is set up for krypton and the other needs to have a new tube installed and have some tests run on it's exciter before it's sparked. Seems Vidal Wolf will possibly be bringing an ion or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Hey Jonathan, drop me a note. I will help with the generator costs. I have the purelight star, the sp-165 and the I-100 krypton.
    How many others will be bringing ion systems?
    I dont know if theres anything I can do to help with planning from down here, but name it and let me see what I can do.
    -Nate.
    Thanks for the offer! After I get the venue rental squared away early this week, we can look into generators or other options. I'll have another look around the venue also.

Also, I'm going to start a new thread tomorrow or the next day, after the venue business is squared away. This is coming together nicely so far!

Ok, you can count me in! I will be carpooling with Vidal Wolf.

Just signed a contract and got the deposit paid today. I'll be starting a new thread later with some more details and general info.

*edit*
    Here's the new thread:
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ruary-2nd-2014
    Last edited by platinum; 01-04-2014 at 21:07.