Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM -16 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 4-5-6th of April 2014

No the title is uklem, not showlem.

We have on the Sunday before connected a few projectors together and ran some shows
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Ok guys, scrap that suggestion then :P

Keith

The thing that makes the UKLEM at Surfleet great is its randomness. There's gear everywhere, no specific plans, some great music and anything can happen on the spur of the moment. It just wouldn't be the same if any of that changed.

The ShowLEM on the other hand was set up specifically for the few who wanted to have a little time to have everything co-ordinated. We tried to make a little time to play co-ordinated shows towards the end of the Surfleet LEM's, but it rarely happened. ShowLEM has ample opportunity to fill that void by dedicating the entire weekend towards the software/programming side of things where synchronised shows are played on between 5 and 7 reasonably well matched RGB projectors. It's a 'travel light' affair where a few people supply the gear that is linked into by anyone who wants to show what they have produced in software. The rest of the time is filled in with laser 'jams' or pre-programmed shows.

It was only ever intended as a one-off event, but it has run for a few years now and it has a totally different vibe to the main LEM's at Surfleet. In fact, last year the ShowLEM almost didn't happen through lack of support. We'd pretty much done what we set out to do and that as they say was that. However, i've had a couple of folks asking me if there's going to be a ShowLEM this year. Honest answer is I haven't given it much thought, it's really down to you guys whether you want one or not. to this end i'm going to start another thread so this one doesn't get off topic.

Back in a minute with the link to the new thread...

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...229#post283229
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cheers Jem - I don't want to kill the vibe

Keith

Yeah after a really succesful DutchLEM it's now about time for the UKLEM.
    Room in the ShipInn was already booked 6 months ago, i just booked the Ferry to Dover.
    Yeah i will be there, building modules and such.
    8. also comes along.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

you bringing Ernst?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

....... and Manfred?

I may have to pop up to this, I'm only 15 minutes up the road in Peterborough and am completely new to lasers. Would be great to chat to some well knowledged people and learn some stuff I know it says NO CHINESE LANTERNS but would anyone be offended if bought my goldenstar 1500RGB along? It's the only laser i've got at the minute and bought it to learn with whilst i save and spend some proper £££
    could even bring a couple of full range Turbosound THL4's with me so music sounds as good as your lasers

Chaps, sounds like we have an innordinate amount of kit coming this year. I might have to reserve space on a truss if anyone wants to see a couple of 5W laserwave RGB's. Badger, these are the ones with the 1W 637 Laserwave. Happy to take a lid off
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

Cool look forward to seeing them
    Looks like its going to be a full house again, we will have to add up total laser power at the event.
    Best i arrive early so i get a space

Quote Originally Posted by Pockels View Post
    Chaps, sounds like we have an innordinate amount of kit coming this year. I might have to reserve space on a truss if anyone wants to see a couple of 5W laserwave RGB's. Badger, these are the ones with the 1W 637 Laserwave. Happy to take a lid off
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.