Thread: 10w 1064nm

Default 10w 1064nm

Just bored here striking up convo.

When i was in the marines i was handed a pile of computer parts and a case with a sliding top door that looked similar to a mini cnc.

I wish i was as into lasers back then as i was now, maybe i would remember more about it.

BUT, that pile of parts was actual a desktop style computer that had some pci cards with optical outputs. Along with a 10w 1064nm laser to go inside that case for laser engraving. It had some sort of auto cad style software for engraving. The laser head itself didnt move, so i would assume it was using scanners, but from my memory must have been super small scanners.

I remember running a fiber optic cable from the back of those pci cards to the back of this rather large brick of aluminum (the laser that was mounted in this "cnc" device)

Can anyone think of who made this? id like to refresh my memories on something that isnt a laser projector haha

it had a dome style enclosure with a big sliding door and tiny window to look through

My wife works for a defense contractor, and they use a Trotech laser to etch all sorts of things. Not sure if it's what you're describing, but you might want to have a look. The one she uses has a 20 watt yag laser (1064 nm) and a 50 watt CO2 (10,600 nm) laser.

http://www.troteclaser.com/en-US/Las...-Overview.aspx

Adam