WHEN:
    Oct 17th from noon to ??

free adult beverages and a free Gumbo feast from 7 to 9PM

bring the family--
    WHERE:
    At the Brazoria County Fair grounds-
    the cook-off area-

the Pitmeisters will be the host.

Located just South of Angleton Tx.(google map)

Come earlier if you want to walk around and see the fair.

totally free..

as that date approaches please let me know if any of you can make it.

We will be there both Friday and Sat but far to crowded and busy for a meeting.

JD3
    This may sound funny...

But I just contacted every laser tag arena in and around town haha... could be interesting

not funny at all- good idea to at least look into-

i found my venue by driving around-and looking for warehouses for sale-
    i told them my 'group' may want to possibly purchase but we need it for an entire weekend to allow all the 'group' to come and see in person..any venue it going to cost more-as it gets rented out on a more or less frequent basis- the deposit was only 150$
    same as the rent--

hakzaw1
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 10-01-2013 at 13:53.

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    http://www.aerosolwarfare.com/?page_id=1701

Thoughts on this place? They are a bit expensive
    Looks interesting. How expensive?

Seem like most places that are available for rent are aimed at single day events. Multiply that by two or three days and I can see how costs could become a concern.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Looks interesting. How expensive?

Seem like most places that are available for rent are aimed at single day events. Multiply that by two or three days and I can see how costs could become a concern.
    He originally said $75 an hour (around $3000) for the weekend. But these guys always shoot for the moon out the gate.
    if we cant find anything else ill see what i can talk him down to.

The guy from Laser Quest wants me to call him when i get back into town.

Ive already received a few emails from places that didnt want to turn off their particle sensing fire system (liability reasons)

Every LPF member is invited come and give a hand getting rid of 20 Kegs of beer and enough BBQ to feed a small army

Oct 17-first night- the meat goes into the pits late but between 7 and 9 PM we will be serving award winning GUMBO our beer garden and open bar with start in the after noon
    Fri- CRAZY NIGHT very VERY crowded we get north of 1000 visitors that night our dance floor is maxed out feeding is from 7 to 9pm
    Oct `19 Sat is not as busy- bar open til 1AM food from 7 to 9--but we don't pick up whats already out so some grazing may happen after 9pm.

wanna see some pics?
    Pitmeisters.my site

friend and join us at FBook all new pics are there- our site is full and we hate to dele so all those are more than 2 yrs old.

Hope you have already eaten--
    In the 'group photo' you see about 2/3rds of our hardcore members and maybe 20% of all that help us- a local Sponsor brings a walk-in cooler with its own generator.
    The boxes next to the cases of canned beer are full of briskest and ribs..

The rib pics only show one of four doors to the two shelves inside our biggest pit. And we
    have three other smaller pits going all weekend.

The majority of the Pitmeisters have not walked over to see the Fair in years-there is not much over there we care to see/do-and we have most everything except the rides at our area.

Our Brisket got FIRST PLACE last year over more than 140 other samples turned in- we look to repeat that this year..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PitM 2010BCF 016.jpg  

PitM 2010BCF 017.jpg  

PitM 2010BCF 002.jpg  

Slamcamper PITMEISTER DOOD 015.jpg  

PITMEISTERS and power supply lambda 015.jpg  

PITMEISTERS and power supply lambda 016.jpg  

Last edited by hakzaw1; 10-04-2013 at 15:15.

I would love to be there.

Though I barely know my schedule for Monday. People have me one place, and others have me another.

So I am not comitting, though in 10-11 months, I may be able to

Well so far it looks like a few forum members will drop in on the PitMeisters in Angleton Tx Oct 17-18 and /or 19-- its free to get ONLY of the 17th-- IIIRC 10$ on Fri or Sat.

Kids are very welcome as are any others that you can bring or invite-

WE, for sure are one of the bigger teams--and maybe the most popular (if not plz explain how we manage to float >20 kegs of beer--- especially as very few PMs drink the draft))--

If you think you may be able to make it you need to PM me so we can trade contact info-- This is our 14th year- and the BCF has happened for 75 years.

If the off-duty police we hire to watch the door will not let you in just look for anyone wearing a PM shirt and ask them to go find Hak- I will meet you at the door and give all a PitMeister wrist band. There is a legal capacity allowable-- and thus we must limit the number we allow to enter.. other wise our invited guests would find the crowd on Friday night too much to handle-- Thurs- no wrist bands-- and until last year Sat Night was much less crowded- we had our best Sat night in 2012-- The Friday wrist band is not valid on Sat night- BUT if you are still wearing your band from Fri- you will be given a Sat band upon request.

If anyone interested in TEXLEM II 2014 can come of Thursday the 17th- there will be an informal meeting to discuss TEXLEM Houston. The time you arrive is not important as just making it-

if you can only come Fri /Sat we will still have a chat but I am very busy until the awards are passed out on Sat 6:00 to 7PM after we go back to our area- all the food & beverages we have is put out- we get to finally slow down and try to have a good time-- At 1 AM== all not wearing the 20$ BCF wrist bands is asked to leave. The exits have turnstyles that allow exit but once you are out the only way back in is over the fence and that I do not recommend.

If coming in from the North- the stop light just before the Fairgrounds is where you turn left- drive to the last 1/8th on the grass parking lot and enter by the SIDE gate right in front of the cookoff area 1. ask any other cookers where we are located. its in the center left side of the second row. LOOK for our 10 foot gas powered flaming torches(after dark only) that are on each side of our area entrance- or follow the sound of LOUD music!!

hak

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

interesting ........
    go big or go home

I think most of John's venue contacts are inside Houston-and that may be too pricey for us common folk- on the west or north side but outside Houston could be a good location- I would like to see it on the south side but more members live else where--

We can ask Clayton to look around Spring-

Only Displaser made it to my cook-off and he could not stay very long-

Rain slowed traffic for most all other cookers but we had goods crowds and no beer left over.

Clan^^ we never go home and always go big-

we spend $ 10,000 in three days easy--

hak

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    I think most of John's venue contacts are inside Houston-and that may be too pricey for us common folk- on the west or north side but outside Houston could be a good location- I would like to see it on the south side but more members live else where--

We can ask Clayton to look around Spring-

Only Displaser made it to my cook-off and he could not stay very long-

Rain slowed traffic for most all other cookers but we had goods crowds and no beer left over.

Clan^^ we never go home and always go big-

we spend $ 10,000 in three days easy--

hak
    Yea everything is a bit expensive inside the city

You could start looking further north towards centerville, college station area? I know they are small and even VFW halls are not cheap. If you have a real estate friend see if they have any places between lease that could work?
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.